How to make Lumber?

• So everything seems to be going well but we just can't figure out how to make lumber. Any one have any ideas?

Views

• I'm not 100% on what you're asking for so here's a try:
    First you put a point into the Survival > Logging. This gives you your first axe. You can then cut down trees. Once the tree falls the branches will fall off and disappear (do not click on the branches or stump in this version of Alpha 4 as it causes an exception error being undefined). You can then use the axe on the trunk to make smaller sections. The size of the section will allow you to pick up between 3 and 5 lumber. (+more if you have additional lumber skills).
    Build a building with the logs and pick up basic research so you can get a research table. You will then be able to research the carpentry skill. This opens up a new skill listing so you can put a point into Carpentry > woodworking.
    However, you also need Civics > workbench construction so you can get your first workbench. This first workbench will allow you to use those logs and make boards.

I can't figure out how to use the boards for building walls though...

Was this what you were looking for or was it something else?

• There is an actual item for lumber, it's different than boards. I do believe it's made by using the sawmill which is part of carpentry ...I think (IDK I'm just a farmer T-T) Let me know if it works, I should probably learn these things :P

• Yeah that is the item I am talking about. which I assume is made from boards. Now the problem is to build a saw mill you need iron ingot and to get that you need bloomery to smelt iron into iron ingots. To do this you need 2 lumber. So we are kind stuck in a pickle. As they both need each other to move forward.

• Yes, this currently is a massive bug!

We're going to be pushing a fix for this today which should not wipe progress, hopefully allowing you to continue playing. Sorry for the inconvenience. The fix will also solve the fuel problems which will allow you to actually use the campfires, bloomery, and other buildings.

• Ecoylent is not intended to replace every meal, but it can replace any meal

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!