MOTD-Plugin

• Hi,

I spent the last week programming some commands for Eco. Now my next goal is a MOTD-Plugin which will write messages with a specified time delay.
    My question is: where do I put my code? If I would put the code into the command handler it would only be executed when someone executes a command and the player won't be able to use another command while the MOTD-Plugin is in progress.

Views

• @bl0ons said:

the player won't be able to use another command while the MOTD-Plugin is in progress.

how so?
    make thread,task, or timer to do things while it's doing it's stuff.

• If you don't have dev tier access, there are few ways you could possibly do this, since adding full-on plugins isn't well documented/easily done in the modkit, yet.

you could make an item, where in the static constructor you just startup a timer or task to send messages whenever you need to.

Chat is changing a bit in alpha 4, with a lot more features. I would like to add a web API too it as well, so you could post any message to the server via a simple HTTP POST request too, which would be another way to write a MOTD plugin in whatever language you wanted too.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!