[Suggestion] My first experience with Eco

• Of some reason I can only post on the German forum maybe because I'm from Denmark. But I'm not good at German so I'm going to post in English anyway ( not because I'm especially good at that either :P ).

I played some Eco the other day and it was very nice. I think I will come to love this game when it is released and as of now it already seems very promising to me.
    But as we all know the game is in alpha and there are a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on. Through my first hours of gameplay I have noted down the things I think should be changed. Some of it is bugs that needs to be fixed and some is just my own opinions on how the game should be. Also I haven't spent that much time looking in to all the things I'm saying so maybe it has already been discussed or implemented in the game but well I'm just going to post it anyway. Also I know that the Dev are very bussy and haven't got time for all the details during alpha but at least I hope that the things I write will be implemented/corrected at some point.
    Feel free to comment and give your own opinions.

1. The log blocks are very difficult to walk on and it's very frustrating to fall down all the time if your walking on top of a tall building.
      In generel I think it is important the the blocks you can walk on have a "solid" hitbox and you shouldn't be able to slide down from them.

2. There should be an easy way (preferably a button) to put all items from ex. Work Bench into your Backpack.
      In addition to that it would be sweet that if you use your own Work Bench items go directly to your Backpack when finished. This is especially nice for processed items which need to be used again in the Work Bench such as Rough Cut Lumber.

3. In cursor mode when you click on nothing you exit cursor mode. At least for me this seems like a nice intuitive way to exit the mode.

4. You should be able to reshape your buildings even after finishing them. An idea could be that the building becomes disabled in the process until you have finished your modifications so that the building once again meets the requisites.

5. Is it intentional that you can farm Bunchgrass for an endless amount of seeds?

6. Tools shouldn't make an animation and sound effect if it has no effect on the area/thing your using it on. In that way it will be easier to learn where to use a tool.

7. It would also be sweet if each item in a work order stack was made one at a time so that you could set up a work order of say 60 wood but leave when you have the 30 you need.

• english 10 bug 38 opinions 1 experience 1 suggestions 9
    Views

1. We will make walk function which prevent you from falling edge.
    2. Maybe take all button will help? We will discuss about this
    3. It WAS!!!!! I saw someone removed that code (R.I.P.)
      I put it back.
    4. We are thinking this too. someday we will see it coming.
    5. Totally bug, nailing it down.
    6. Not sure what we will do, but you can swing sword without enemy :). Highlight suppose to let you know about availability.
    7. Will consider it for canceling order so that you can get partial return( which I thought it already did)

• @KillerFile said:

Tools shouldn't make an animation and sound effect if it has no effect on the area/thing your using it on. In that way it will be easier to learn where to use a tool.

This is pretty significant I think. The feedback is an important learning tool. Maybe a very audible 'wrong' sound if you use the wrong thing for the wrong task, like a heavy ugly thwang if you try to use an axe or a hammer on ore.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

english 10 bug 38 opinions 1 experience 1 suggestions 9
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!