Starting a private server?

• Me and my fiance just bought this game, and we've been searching google and forums -relentlessly- to see if there were any way to easily set up a server for us and our several friends who also own the game. He wants to set it up for us, instead of playing on someone else's server. That way we can all play together in our own fresh world instead of starting where it's half destroyed and mined out or pollution has already begun.

We dont want to use a method that involves that port - forwarding stuff, He knows how to do that for other games but for this we'd rather find something simple if it exists. I'd be okay with a cheap server host that actually hosts servers specifically for this game, but unfortunately I can't find a single one. The only thing I could find was guides for using VPS, which I don't want to do because those are expensive, and we're really, trying not to spend money here.

Is there any way at all to host maybe like, a local game using something like Hamachi? I've seen people say that they use hamachi to play with friends but I cannot find a how to anywhere for how to do that with Eco. It would need to be able to make it so he and I can play together, but also friends that aren't at our house being able to connect to our game as well. This would be the /most/ ideal way for us to play, we just can't seem to exactly figure out what the process is for making it work. Like what to use as an IP / Port after connecting through hamachi to get us all to connect to a single game.

That would be the easiest way, but if there isn't a way to use something like Hamachi, what is the step by step process for hosting a private server from home that doesn't require a server computer type set up?

Views

• You can download(https://www.strangeloopgames.com/eco-account/home) and run ServerWatcher.exe from any computer.
    Then you can use IP address of that computer as server address.
    Port can be changed from Server.

However, your router might not allow to access some port.
    That's where port-forwarding happens which is easiest among every other method.

You runs server on your computer and give IP to only your fiance and make your port opens, that is private server BANG!

• @Metrotyranno runs a hosting company and is at least in the process of supporting Eco (which I think we have mostly working...? also the main reason why server is running in Linux already :), you could ping him.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!