Vegan gaming?

• So when I first heard about this game I was very interested in the idea. I have been playing it a bit now. I know that consuming different foods has a major effect on how we earn skills. I was interested in playing this game as a vegan. So far everything has gone ok with consuming just berries. I don't know at this point where the game is going so it doesn't feel right to comment but... Seeing as this is a game where the player has an effect on the environment I was a bit disappointed to discover that it's a bit more difficult to play in the manner that I was hoping to play. I don't know how informed you all are on the environment and how transportation and diet also has a huge impact on the world around us.
    It's a bit of a hot topic in the vegan world right now. With the documentary Cowspiracy coming out, our dietary impact is on the minds of a lot of people.

I don't know how intricate and detailed the game is going to get or if it's basically just going to be as described and what I have experienced so far. I was just sharing my thoughts.

Views

• @Sailor-Vegan said:

So far everything has gone ok with consuming just berries.

There's also potato things.

I'd expect (hope) being a vegan in Eco is no less difficult than being one in real life, with all the repercussions that go with it.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

• repercussians?

• @Sailor-Vegan said:

repercussians?

A vastly more limited food choices and all the inconvenience that entails being the most obvious. Meeting basic nutritional needs would be another repercussion. The health benefits would be a third.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

• Oh, haha. It's just a game. I was hoping it would be a good learning tool is all.

• Yep the way the food system works you should be able to do this, with a different set of benefits and challenges. Will be interesting to see how the simulation plays out.

• @JohnK said:

Yep the way the food system works you should be able to do this, with a different set of benefits and challenges. Will be interesting to see how the simulation plays out.

Given more and more elite athletes (including weightlifters) are going vegan for various reasons including a competitive edge and faster recovery times I'm wondering where we can see all the equations and skills/benefits related to diet. I'm pretty interested in this aspect to the game and making sure some bad assumptions about vege/vegan nutrition and ag systems are not hard coded into Eco.

there is no doubt that meat products are more resource intense and in general terms the consumption of them leads to lower life expectancy, I recall reading something about this but I haven't found the resource for this and all the other rules and planned rules for Eco. I'd love to know this all exists in one central location where I can read up on it all and sanity check it from my own perspective.

Could an Eco staffer please provide the link(s) for me to this info and resources, I'd love to provide feedback on it now I have a few moments spare.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!