[Suggestion] Skills Tree

• I really love the Idea of having to level up skills in order to get better with in the game. Some things I've noticed that can be improved is how they're leveled up. Currently with how it's set up you right click your skill and that's what you start leveling up. This makes leveling 1 skill far to easy in the game. I believe a better approach would be to give XP relative to the task you're doing. For example if I sit and chop wood all day then the XP will be put into that, not any other skill.

Also if I understand correctly you get XP per hour while playing the game while on or offline (I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.). I believe players should be rewarded for actually playing the game and not going afk for X-hours and come back with 1-3 levels in a skill. I fell it'd be more rewarding to put time into leveling that skill then apposed to just sitting around.

Views

• One of the key advantages that the current system has over your proposed action-centric exp system is that it doesn't exclusively reward active play time. Someone can log in after school, do a few things for maybe an hour, then log back out to go do homework or something.

I'd bet this is intended. Under any other circumstance I'd say that this risk/reward metric is flawed. However, I believe it makes sense considering what the game is about and what the skill system is supposed to achieve.

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

• You don't get XP doing nothing, you need good food. That's all the point of this game. And I don't think they want a game for hard core gamers".

• Your food will be consumed while you are offline, and in a near future we will have food queue object in your house which will consume food for you. However, with queue you can't make most efficient food nutrients which giving some benefits of online user.
    You can see that 1 skill point in future might not a big number with new skill system you can see at alpha 3. This system still need balancing yet can have a lot of potential and divergence. In addition, because skill point will be used for specialization mostly, we can consider giving more benefits for active players.

• @Egrof said:

You don't get XP doing nothing, you need good food. That's all the point of this game. And I don't think they want a game for hard core gamers".

Who said anything for hard core gamers? Right now the way it is it feels like a server would have to be reset every week otherwise everyone would have everything. Also the skill multiplier is X per hour. It doesn't state whether you need to be online to get this. So at the moment you can be logged off and get X skill points an hour.

I'm not sure what the cap you get from the other nutrients except for fat and sodium. seeing as both need to be at a .2 to be useful and the max skill multiplier you get is a .5 addition. Being able to keep both at around .2 you automatically get a 1 skill point per hour. I also currently have vitamins at 1.48 and that gives me a .61 skill point an hour. assuming that carbs and protein will give you the same skill points and not seeing that there will be a cap it could cause servers to push and end games faster.

I do however like the idea of having to maintain your character even when you are offline. I think this is a very interesting idea and should be embraced. Just the way you get skills and how fast you can level the skill seems to fast paced atm.

• @SLG_K I think a skill tree could also possibly be a solution to this problem as well. With a skill tree though you'd have to set a cap so one person couldn't be great at everything. Though now you have me wanting the alpha 3 so I can see the new skill system =X

• @adalric said:

Right now the way it is it feels like a server would have to be reset every week otherwise everyone would have everything.

This wasn't my experience at all. Besides, it's not like servers are supposed to last more than few weeks right?

Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

• @Psycho-Romeo I'd love to have a server last more then a week. I wouldn't mind seeing a server lasting a whole month before someone try's to blow a crater into the planet and kill everyone. Granted you can still kill the server by farming all the animals to extinction therefor cutting your food supply.

• @adalric Yes from alpha 3 build you can see new structure and function but nothing well designed for skill trees.
    What we and you can do with this system is that prerequisite which can force to not learn some skills beside force to learn other skill to learn this skill. :) Sounds alright?

• @SLG_K So I had the chance to mess around with the game when I got home. I like how the skills are setup now as apposed to before. I'll try getting more time in the game and see if I can break the skills tree.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!