Admin issues on private server

• I can't seem to make myself an admin on my own server, I have done everything by the book, and it keeps saying I don't have the privileges to use admin commands, please help!

Views

• @rdsns said:

I can't seem to make myself an admin on my own server, I have done everything by the book, and it keeps saying I don't have the privileges to use admin commands, please help!

You need to go to Eco/Eco_data/Server/Configs and open the Users.eco config file with a text editor. There is an admin section where you can add your Steam64ID or slgID in values. The ID you would use depends on your account status:

If you only have an SLG only account -> use SLG ID
    If you only have a Steam only account -> use STEAMID64
    If you have a SLG + Steam linked account -> use SLG ID

Make sure to use the steam64ID if using the Steam account - many try just putting in the regular steam ID and that won't work.

EXAMPLE :

Okay.. this is the main section of that file and you will see where the admins are added and how...by the way you do not need to add both ID's just one or the other - this is just for demo purposes showing both:
    {
    "$id": "1",
    "RequireAuthentication": true,
    "AllowDebugCalls": false,
    "WhiteList": {
    "$id": "2",
    "System.String": {
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": []
    }
    },
    "BlackList": {
    "$id": "3",
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": []
    }
    },
    "Admins": {
    "$id": "4",
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": ["slg29344","76561198029173066",]
    }
    },
    "MaxSlots": -1,
    "SpawnLocation": {
    "x": 500,
    "y": 0,
    "z": 500
    },

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games