Setable meteor diameter to change level of difficulty (pre/post-impact challenges)

• Greetings,

why not be able to set the size of the meteor before starting a new game (admin/server host)? This would allow to go much deeper with the meteor dilemma. Let`s say we have five different meteor sizes to choose from:

Diameter*

• 85 m
    • 150 m
    • 250 m
    • 400 m
    • 1000 m

Each diameter sets specific pre - and post impact challenges for the game. e.g:

If >= 400m size was set, two and more anti meteor weapons are required to destroy the meteor successfully. If meteor was not destroyed in time and hits the surface, depending on meteor size a part of the planet is burned and a crater appears (the player may find gold, iron and rare materiales here later?). Instead if the meteor hits the water surface a tsunami will arise (strength / size depends on meteor size). If this is not enough an ice-age could occur afterwards with less sun and the timespan depends on meteor size again and shouldn't occur for an smaller meteor.

If >= 1000m - Game over? or like the 400m meteor just more badass. Also consider if just 2 anti meteor weapons are ready (of required e.g 5 for this size), when time elapsed the meteor could break apart (randomly) into more pieces....some may miss the planet....

Optional:
    The visual ingame appearance of the meteor depends on its size. The diameter is not visible to the players. A new devices can be researched and built to measure the meteor and give the information what is needed to defeat it and the impact it may have to the planet if that fails.

And yes, i didn't play or own the game myself .....yet. Just watched some short vids without to much spoilers ;-)

*Diameter values take from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_event

Views

• @d3aMaTiC said:

Greetings,

why not be able to set the size of the meteor before starting a new game (admin/server host)? This would allow to go much deeper with the meteor dilemma. Let`s say we have five different meteor sizes to choose from:

Diameter*

• 85 m
    • 150 m
    • 250 m
    • 400 m
    • 1000 m

Each diameter sets specific pre - and post impact challenges for the game. e.g:

If >= 400m size was set, two and more anti meteor weapons are required to destroy the meteor successfully. If meteor was not destroyed in time and hits the surface, depending on meteor size a part of the planet is burned and a crater appears (the player may find gold, iron and rare materiales here later?). Instead if the meteor hits the water surface a tsunami will arise (strength / size depends on meteor size). If this is not enough an ice-age could occur afterwards with less sun and the timespan depends on meteor size again and shouldn't occur for an smaller meteor.

If >= 1000m - Game over? or like the 400m meteor just more badass. Also consider if just 2 anti meteor weapons are ready (of required e.g 5 for this size), when time elapsed the meteor could break apart (randomly) into more pieces....some may miss the planet....

Optional:
    The visual ingame appearance of the meteor depends on its size. The diameter is not visible to the players. A new devices can be researched and built to measure the meteor and give the information what is needed to defeat it and the impact it may have to the planet if that fails.

And yes, i didn't play or own the game myself .....yet. Just watched some short vids without to much spoilers ;-)

*Diameter values take from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_event

Thanks for your suggestions! I've posted them to our Github for review. https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/7608

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!