Advanced Setting Idea: Turning off Particles

• A setting to turn off particles and or a setting to reduce the distance at which they show or how many of them a block will create when interacted with [I.E. placed, broken, stored in a stockpile]. Even with a good machine the game can tend to lag when placing a lot of blocks at once, such as when you put items into a stockpile. I think having the option to turn off particles or at least control their quality would help a lot with performance in the game. Also, particles can mean a few things so to clarify I mean the dust effects and also small "blobs" when breaking or placing blocks. Hopefully this post gets enough love and we can get a new setting in the next update!

Views

• @LuciferTF said:

A setting to turn off particles and or a setting to reduce the distance at which they show or how many of them a block will create when interacted with [I.E. placed, broken, stored in a stockpile]. Even with a good machine the game can tend to lag when placing a lot of blocks at once, such as when you put items into a stockpile. I think having the option to turn off particles or at least control their quality would help a lot with performance in the game. Also, particles can mean a few things so to clarify I mean the dust effects and also small "blobs" when breaking or placing blocks. Hopefully this post gets enough love and we can get a new setting in the next update!

Thanks for the suggestions! I've filed them in our Github https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/7570

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!