Antivirus detects Infection

• I have problem to start and join multiplayer with my Antivirus enables.

It seems to be becouse when the serverbrowser runs, it fetch http://IPADRESS/info from all servers in the list.
    If one of them is infected the antivirus shuts the game down, I will not present the ipadress here.
    I know many of you say that we should disable antivirus from ECO, but I dont think its the right way to go.

If the devs want the Ipaddress to investigate why one of the servers in the serverlist is blocked please contact me and I share the IP.

Views

• You should be able to tell your antivirus program to make an exception for 'Eco' and 'EcoServer' in both directions, in the traffic control part of your program so it ignores Eco.

If you're using the free version of Avast, you'll need to turn it off when you play Eco but the paid version should work with exceptions. If you're using Kaspersky, just make sure you have downloaded the latest signature files for it and you should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• Hi,
    of course I can tell my antiovirus to shutdown, thats not the issue. First of, Im a person that dont think you should disable security features like firewalls and antivirus. Its better to understand whats need to be done to prevent issues becouse of security measures. In this case we have a internally made website where the serverbrowser is getting http://IP/info and one of the servers of many if flagged as an issue.
    I can connect to my own server by connecting before the serverbrowser has getting to that server, I can even disable my antivirus but the issue is still there.

• We don't believe that shutting down an AV program is the best thing to do either, however, we have no control over the programs of other developers. Eco and EcoServer are checked for viruses throughout development and prior to release, test negative for viruses with the major AV programs. For those programs that have not yet changed their viral signatures to know that Eco is safe, our hands are tied. If you are getting 'positives' on certain selected servers then this could be caused by mods they may have installed that your AV program has an issue with but we cannot control what a user modifies in the game once it's in their hands.

If this is happening with a server then I would suggest you look for servers to play on that your AV software does not have issues with and perhaps ask the server owner what mods they're using and perhaps talk to the modders as well. Early on, when Eco was first released, most AV programs had 'false positives' but players contacted their AV software developer about the issue and they updated their software so that it would not have these issues. Perhaps you should try contacting your AV software developer and provide them with the report you are getting and they will tell you what they need from you in order to clear this up in their program. This is what was done during the first few days by players and almost all AV software developers fixed their signature files to not falsely say that Eco had a virus. Eco cannot re-develop just to work around one AV program. AV program developers know that they have to adjust and re-write signatures for new software and they do it all the time. When you contact them they may ask you for a copy of the Eco.exe or the Exoserver.exe and you can certainly provide that to them.

I hope this helps and that you get Eco up and running soon! Please let me know if you run into any more issues.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• I have talked to Bitdefender.
    The domain had been flagged for malware infector.
    I made a ticket for review and they will remove the flag in a couple of days. So soon I can open serverbrowser without eco quiting.

• @JHGBaouns said:

I have talked to Bitdefender.
    The domain had been flagged for malware infector.
    I made a ticket for review and they will remove the flag in a couple of days. So soon I can open serverbrowser without eco quiting.

That's great! Let us know when they fix it and if it solves the problem.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• Correction,

Free version of avast can haveexclusion list aswell. No need to turn of the AV to play a game !

Regards,

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!