Learning New Skill Help

• Hi All

I'm having some issues learning the advanced Campfire Skill.

In My Skill tree it said "Skill Unlearned" or something along those lines, I am unable to read the scroll generated by the Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Book, Right clicking on the skill book does nothing. Am i doing something wrong?

Views

• Right click on Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Book >> Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Scroll
    Right click on Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Scroll >> Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill

Skills Tree

• Specialties: Click on green plus >> you discover the skill
      • Advanced Campfire Cooking Tree: Click on green plus >> raise sub-skills
    • Specialties: Click on red minus >> unlearn the skill and get a refund depending on server config (default 50%).

• ­ Ecoylent is people! Do not replace any meal with Ecoylent!

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord
    SLG support@strangeloopgames.com

• No right clicking the scroll dosent do anything, The skill is blue and sais "Not learned" and i dont have a green plus

• Well, I've tested it a moment ago with Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Book and a Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Scroll appeared in my inventory.
    Either you have not a single free space in inventory and backpack or you should contact #support on Discord or SLG support.
    'Cause without space you don't get the scroll and without the scroll you can't learn the skill.

But:

• In My Skill tree it said "Skill Unlearned" or something along those lines, --- could you provide a (partial) screenshot?
    • I am unable to read the scroll generated by the Advanced Campfire Cooking Skill Book, --- you have the scroll
    • Right clicking on the skill book does nothing. --- how did you get the scroll in the first place? Each time you click on the book you get another scroll.
    • Am i doing something wrong?
    • No right clicking the scroll dosent do anything,
    • The skill is blue and sais "Not learned" --- right click on the scroll and you know the skill
      • now you have a green plus: click on it and you've learned the skill as long as you have enough skill points to do so.
    • and i dont have a green plus --- because the skill is blue "Not learned"

Either you're doing something you haven't told oder there is something wrong with your installation. Try to verify your files on Steam. Steam sometimes lies to you, so a clean install - after coping your game files (configs if you have changed anything, mods you have installed... have you installed mods?!?) - should help.

If neither helps visit #support as stated above.

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord

• Im sorry i may have gotten myself a little confused, let me start again:

Firstly i am playing on my friends Private server:

1: Right clicking the Skill BOOK does not produce a scroll (Note, My friend Is able to produce a scroll by right clicking the same book)

2: Right clicking the SCROLL does not unlock the skill for me (Note, My friend is able to learn the Skill from the same scroll that i was trying to use)

3: The "Advanced Campfire Cooking" Skill is Blue and has the label "Not Learned"

I am able to Use other skill books and read the scrolls also, Its just the advanced Campfire Cokking that i am unable to learn.

• I'm a player, too.
    Now I can understand what you're saying and it's either a bugged installation >> verify via Steam and/or reinstall Eco as you're not running the server nothing won't be lost... except when you have a private game, too.
    Or you should contact #support on Discord 'cause I'm running out of options. They probably can show you another way.

Please report here after the problem is solved and describe it reason for and how to deal with it properly. The next one will be thankful.

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord

• Thanks for your input Thineboot, I will report back after verifying my game files.

If anybody else is reading this and has the same or similar issues please speak up,

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!