Smithing

• This is absolute BS that the only job in this game smithing has a negative effect
    on the server. None of the other jobs that you can do seem to have this effect
    on the server with their tailings.

The devs need to come up with an approved container that smiths can put their tailings
    in and so that they do NOT pollute the environment.

It is extremely unfair the way it is right now and punishes anyone that wants to
    be a smith in this game.

I would say you should have two different containers you can make for tailings one
    made out of stone mortar pieces which are already being made by a stonesmith to
    make an approved container to put tailings in so that they do not pollute or
    another idea would be to do a 2nd one out of cement.

This is BS punishing the smiths making them dig caves and crap to bury
    their tailings you need to come up with a better solution than this to balance
    things out for smiths.

NO other professions seem to have that issues with their excess materials
    and this is absolutely wrong to punish a person in this game for wanting to
    be a smith.

Also tailings should NOT last forever and should have a "half life" and eventually
    just disappear!

The way things are right now are horrible for smiths. Smiting needs a LOT
    of work!
    '
    Devs fix this immediately please!

Views

• you do realize the smithing skill carries over to blast furnaces, right? Tailings aren't an issue. Smelt just enough iron to make an anvil and a blast furnace, hide those tailings, and then use a blast furnace for everything else. The smithing skill for speed and efficiency works in the blast furnace, better than it does in the bellows.

• @Snoberry said:

you do realize the smithing skill carries over to blast furnaces, right? Tailings aren't an issue. Smelt just enough iron to make an anvil and a blast furnace, hide those tailings, and then use a blast furnace for everything else. The smithing skill for speed and efficiency works in the blast furnace, better than it does in the bellows.

Tailings are STILL an issue! Because you can't get your blast furnace right away and have to do something with all of these tailings
    The Blast Furnace is a Tier 2 item.

NO other job on this game has a tailings that is fatal to the environment like smiting. That is BS and extremely unfair.

Tailings are very much an issue and the devs need to come up with some kind of container to put the tailings into
    again I would say either made out of stone and maybe make it so that there is a bigger box which holds more tailings
    made out of cement so that the tailings don't pollute the environment.

This is BS to punish ONE class in the game like this and give them a tailings which is fatal to
    the environment but none of the other jobs is unfair and extremely bad for this game!

The devs need to fix this and it is extremely unfair and biased.

For you to say that tailings are not an issue shows how little you know about this game because it is a huge
    issue with the ground pollution and if you have a bunch of players all smitihng then it is a definite issue and
    can cause a huge ground pollution issue!

• Uh... dealing with pollution is the point of the game.

Yes, one person creates a bunch of pollution, and everyone else gets the benefits. Figure out a way to share the burden. You're the smith; tell everyone else you won't sell them anything unless they help dispose of the tailings properly, such as in a deep vault or something.

• The OP does have a valid point that other professions should care about the environment too. Lumberjacks, hunters, and gatherers slightly affect it, but to a far lesser extent. IRL, tanning animal hides can cause serious environmental damage, for example. Hopefully they still intend to flesh out pollution mechanics.

• @PTTG said:

Uh... dealing with pollution is the point of the game.

Yes, one person creates a bunch of pollution, and everyone else gets the benefits. Figure out a way to share the burden. You're the smith; tell everyone else you won't sell them anything unless they help dispose of the tailings properly, such as in a deep vault or something.

Once again you are totally missing the point.. the point is NO other profession has such a thing
    that harms the environment like smithing does. If they are going to have it so that smithing harms
    the environment to the point it does then why not balance it out so that ALL professions
    would have some kind of by product that would harm the environment. Right now I find this extremely unbalanced and unfair to only punish the smiths with a tailings.

And there should be a way for us to deal with the tailings in the form of an in game item like
    I suggested a stone box and then maybe a bigger box made of cement or something like that
    where the tailings can sit for a time and then once the half life is over they no longer affect the
    environment and they disappear.

There needs to be some kind of in game item which smiths can store the tailings in to prevent
    pollution. telling the smiths to dig a deep hole and bury them is unacceptable.

Obviously the guy that said that isn't a smith and doesn't care about smithing. LOL and telling
    people that you won't sell them anything is not a solution either and is laughable.

The devs need to handle this tailings situation better and come up with an item we can store above ground such as a box that I suggested that prevents it from polluting the ground.

A lot more work needs to be done on smithing right now things are way too unbalanced with
    it the way it is. If they are going to do that then EVERY profession should have something
    that would harm the environment NOT just smithing!

• give it time. this is still Beta. Trash is one of the ideas on the roadmap. As for tailings having a half-life... they don't. In real life they don't, unless you let the weather get to them and let them spread their toxic stuff everything. In real life tailing contain metals which do not have a half life because they don't break down. A ton of soil with lead it will still have the lead in it a million years from now. I have put in the ideas about Stabilizing the waste so it won't leak into the environment, which is what actually happens in real life but you still have to put it in a specialized landfill that has special lining so you can collect the rain water and make sure that no toxic stuff is getting into the ground water. But yes, in real life tanning, baking, glass making, etc, also make hazardous materials, but as they haven't added the Trash add on yet, give it time. If you are smart with your planning you can get through the whole game with only ever making about 12 tailings, which shouldn't be too hard to deal with. Personally I put my smith inside the mine to allow resource transport to be easier which also made finding a spot for tailing super easy as well. Just used a branch of the mine shaft.

I really hope they do add the hazardous waste to the other jobs and do enjoy that the hazardous waste doesn't go anywhere, because that is what happens in real life, your trash doesn't despawn after a day and it would be good to teach people how much normal things actually produce hazardous waste.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• I've added your suggestion to our Github here: https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/6974

Thank you for your suggestions.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

• Not like anyone is listening ShaydenMac seems like posting here or on
    github is pointless because nothing gets considered. I have just about had
    it with this game!

• All suggestions we receive are considered, however, we can't guarantee they will be implemented.

Shay McLean
    Community Manager
    Strange Loop Games

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!