Fishing

• Ok this is rather annoying I put out about4 traps and I left them out there
    now they have been out for 12 hours or so .. I have a lot of fish in the traps.

So i swim down to the trap and go to try and pick it up the traps are completely under water
    and are quite deep down using the ctrl key and I get down there and I have my hammer selected
    and I try and pick up the trap and I can't it gives me the message saying that I don't have room
    in my inventory.

I have NOTHING else on me other than my hammer the issue is the weight now I try and
    click on E instead to use the trap to see if I can pull a few fish out of the trap and as I press
    E and CTRL at the same time my guy now starts to swim towards the surface and moves
    out of the range of the trap.

This is just annoying! Your fishing is extremely broken! I am playing on a server that is
    using 0.7.2.4 Beta which is the newest at this time. (March 14 2018)

Please take a look at this and fix this please! I should be able to hit E and go into the trap
    and separate out a stack of fish and take a few and leave the rest in there if there is a weight
    issue.

Please fix this! Your fishing really needs some work here.

Views

• one way to empty your fish traps is by having a storage chest nearby that is linked to your traps. Then you can open the inventory at the chest, move the fish out of it and into the chest or your personal inventory(or even a nearby cart). if you try to use a hammer on a full trap it will have to empty all the contents before you can pick it up.

• @The-Ghost said:

as I press
    E and CTRL at the same time my guy now starts to swim towards the surface and moves
    out of the range of the trap.

Add your middle mouse button as secondary Interact key (E). That way you circumvent this issue.
    ESC >> Advanced >> Controls

• ­ Ecoylent is people! Do not replace any meal with Ecoylent!

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord
    SLG support@strangeloopgames.com

• I have a two button mouse not a 3 button mouse here.. and even if I put it as the push the scroll wheel I should be able to
    do this with by holding down ctrl and E at the same time to be able to access the trap.

This is clearly something the eco devs need to look at!

The initial problem still needs to be fixed by the devs this is annoying as hell.

• You can try free autohotkey to find a workaround while this issue exists. In case you'll find a combo that works please post the result.

Yes, it's annoying and it should be fixed but until than we have to work around problems as good as we can. Remember it's a Beta which is sold on Steam as a Beta...

BTW, autohotkey will be handy for various games and it's easy to learn due to a good help function with massive examples.

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord

• @tuvermage said:

one way to empty your fish traps is by having a storage chest nearby that is linked to your traps. Then you can open the inventory at the chest, move the fish out of it and into the chest or your personal inventory(or even a nearby cart). if you try to use a hammer on a full trap it will have to empty all the contents before you can pick it up.

Tried that.. you can't have a storage chest near by when it is under water. I have tried to place a chest
    under water and it gives me the message "Blocked, can not place there" and I have tried many
    different places so it seems that the chests can't be placed under water and the traps are too far
    out from the shore to just keep the chest on the shore.

Once again Fishing is broke and the devs need to fix this.

• @Thineboot said:

You can try free autohotkey to find a workaround while this issue exists. In case you'll find a combo that works please post the result.

Yes, it's annoying and it should be fixed but until than we have to work around problems as good as we can. Remember it's a Beta which is sold on Steam as a Beta...

BTW, autohotkey will be handy for various games and it's easy to learn due to a good help function with massive examples.

And I would be careful using AHK for any game you play because usually any kind of automation like
    Auto Hot Key is a violation of the rules.

• This post is deleted!

EcoIssues at GitHub
    Eco Discord

• This post is deleted!

• So what I did was make a dirt pillar next to the trap to the surface and then placed the chest directly over the trap that way.

If that is too far away then youll have to go under. dig a tunnel under the water(not in but under the bottom of the ocean)

hopefully directly over solves the problems.

• Another trick would be to make a 3x4 pillar of material(I used dirt) and get to the surface then hollow it out, you would be able to make an air shaft to put the chest down.

image.png

• @tuvermage What you were saying about making a 3x4 pillar of material to get to the surface won't work!
    My traps are WAY too deep. They are out in OPEN water and at the bottom of the water.

If you are no the top of the water surface you can't reach the traps from there and you have
    to dive down. The storage chest also would be out of range as well if I had it sitting on the surface on a pile
    of dirt.

Bottom line is the developers have to fix this issue it is annoying as hell and needs to be looked at
    by a dev. I should be able to hold down E and ctrl at the same time and pull some of the fish
    out.

• First this is a BETA game, which means the devs are working on these things. Second the 3x4 pillar of dirt **hollowed ** out will work at ANY level. you could have your trap at the bottom block and water level at 1000! and this trick would let you build a shaft of air to let you place a chest next to the trap at the same y level. its a 1x1 pillar to the surface to place the chest on the surface but a 3x4 pillar hollowed out to place the chest if that didn't work.

• Place your traps with space to stand under them, or have a space near them with a roof. That way you can go under the roof underwater and you wont float when you select the trap. That's what I do (stand under the trap with my head hitting the underside of it)

• Ya your idea seems to work Keegandalf thanks!

This is kind of a temporary fix to the problem but
    I still think the devs need to look into fixing the initial
    problem.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!