Admins need more powers

• Server admins are unable to make sure users have not just stolen a item, I have been testing and in game part from a few commands the admins have no powers, well this is stupid, I need admins to make sure users are not abusing the server or been stupid like the slag, we as admins will remove it if a user is damaging our server even if they didn't mean to.

How do we give admins full items/chest/benchs/area permissions without unclamin a plat?
    This makes sense and I can't believe it's been over looked, admins can't even give a user a item with the give command that also
    makes no dam sense for $30 per copy you think we would have these basic commands already.

Views

• What more do you need?..

https://eco.gamepedia.com/Chat_Commands

• A few commands do nothing to help control and admin a game without damaging the game play, to fix or help claims you have to remove the full claim, this is stupid, you can't give the user there posts back ever.

You can't make sure users are not Stealing items, as we can't see there what's in there plots without taking control of the plot, we can't make protection globe places without messing with claims.

We can't mute or block users from chat, we can't, the Chat Commands really offer not real control as a admin, like a spectate user mode to watch a user to make sure they doing what they say they are.

I also stated this i my first post, we can't give items, we cant' check items, we can't help new users to set things up, we can't from what I can see set claims to other users.

The Chat Commands for admins at this time are not really usable, also they need to be interrelated in to the UI, so admins can tweak things without spitting a command out, like using the deed and changing it from one user to another would be useful.

The give command needs to be a give command at the moment it's a take command as the admin can take from the game but can't give to a user.

• GOOD! No admin abuse that way.

• This is not good deff how we are still in beta and we have users that have no idea how to deal with tailing and other things and when the admin as had to play for the game to host you we have the right to control the server how we feel fit.

• "when the admin as had to play for the game to host you we have the right to control the server how we feel fit."

no... I disagree. Play the game as intended and don't let admin interfere...

• Well you run your server how you feel fit, but when you have new users killing the world off because they don't have a clue what there doing we need easy ways to clean things up, the dev tool can kill off the server really fast.

But the point of been able to protect your users and the server as a hole we need full control over the game, punishments like losing chat options and even maybe limiting trade options would be good options for admins, and I said admins not mods, if you said mods shouldn't have these powers I would agree.

But as the admin I should be able to gift items to plays for been good members, I should be able to help and fix n00b mistakes, and be able to monitor our users.

• @Rexzooly said:

but when you have new users killing the world off because they don't have a clue what there doing we need easy ways to clean things up, the dev tool can kill off the server really fast.

But the point of been able to protect your users and the server as a hole we need full control over the game, punishments like losing chat options and even maybe limiting trade options would be good options for admins, and I said admins not mods, if you said mods shouldn't have these powers I would agree.

Don't bring on people you don't trust.

No, an admin should NOT be able to limit the gameplay for users. Too many abusive admins out there, best to not let them have any powers at all.

• @Rexzooly said:

But as the admin I should be able to gift items to plays for been good members,

No, you should not as this leads to itemspawning things for friends and yourself.. Best not to have that ability.

• @andreasb86
    "Too many abusive admins out there, best to not let them have any powers at all."
    Did you fall down and bump your head!! lol

1. If you play on a server that has abusive admins and you don't like it.. Move to another server!!
    2. Server owners need admin powers to delegate matters on the server. Like kick, slap and ban if needed.
      I don't know about you but I pay for my server and run it as I see fit "copy".. ; )

• whitelisted servers are the answer to 99% of all admin problems - we have been successfully running our community for well over one year with approx 1300 active members and in all this time we had only 40 bans, all our game servers (including ECO that we added recently) are whitelisted and everyone playing on our servers is just enjoying it because they trust each other and know they won't log in the next morning just to find their stuff being stolen...

• @San said:

Server owners need admin powers to delegate matters on the server. Like kick, slap and ban if needed.

Kick and ban I agree to. Itemspawning? Hell no. Limit gameplay? Hell no!
    If you set up a server, I assume it's to play the game in the matter it was meant to be played. Thus you remove players that don't follow that. You don't limit them, you simply get rid of them.

Now, stealing in my opinion is not a thing. Put things on your property and it cannot be "stolen"/taken. Put it unprotected and I will assume it's community items. Blatantly removing everything from the chest on the other hand is bad. But lets say you find an unlocked chest and you need a couple of seeds.. I'd take some, then return later to give back.

Thing is, do not give admins item spawning powers.. Either allow a player to play, or remove the player.>
    Too many servers in too many games give benefits to people who either donate, pay or are friends/clanmembers.. That's blatantly wrong..

Same opportunity for all players, including admin.

Being the one paying for the server should NOT make you king. If you have a public server then you already acknowledged that other people will be playing.. Whitelist/lock it if you want something else.

Most players in most games will be happy to donate a $1 or two for a good stable server to play on. In my opinion it's better for an admin to be open about costs of running the servers, and maybe have a dedicated paypal for the server so players can see what their money is going to. I dont want my donated $ to go to an admin buying new games or other shit.. It's for the server, and the server only.

• This can all be true but at the same time when you have a small server for you and your service like we do we at times like to reword out helpful users, yes there is long ways around we can gift the items to ourself then give them to the other users but it be nice to not having to do this.

for big public servers I agree the admin should be on the server side but when it's a small server it's kind of needed and saying they can protect there land is not a helpful reply since new users still are confused on that so they might not be able to soft it, also there is stealing in the contect of you spend time cutting down a tree to take some home and you come back someone steals it.

We can't judge any person we can't say how a new user will be till it's two late, not all server admins want to run a server like you so yes these optins are needed, this also helps a admin set up a server or home hub before going public, and it helps create the game play to how the server owner wants, Eco states you can have the game played the way you want it well we need these powers for server owners.

• @Rexzooly said:

This can all be true but at the same time when you have a small server for you and your service like we do we at times like to reword out helpful users, yes there is long ways around we can gift the items to ourself then give them to the other users but it be nice to not having to do this.

UUuh.. Comma and punctuation marks please?? This makes zero sense. "for you and your service like we do we at" <-- what does this mean?

• @Rexzooly said:

of you spend time cutting down a tree to take some home and you come back someone steals it.

No, don't leave resources laying about. The logs are only yours after you bring them to your home. If I found a log lying around with nobody I could see close, then I'd take it. To help keep the server clean / less objects .. It's not stealing. Stealing would be somehow getting into your house and removing items.

I'm sorry, but in addition to comma and punctuation, could you try spell check? two is a number.

No, these options are not needed, and should never be implemented. If admins already can "gift" themselves items it should be removed ASAP.

Admin needs kick and ban, that's it.

• Comma and punctuation marks please?? -- Nope I am dyslexic.

And "when you have a small server for you and your service like we do" I guess there should of been a comma maybe not sure after do, but just like I said when you have a small server for you and your service.

Well if you not even a admin @andreasb86 and you don't run a custom server like we do then your view is mute, you might not want this and if you then don't join a server with custom options, your clearly not the one that wants to make something different with there game play, but some of us are, you can't say what admins need or what as every admin is different.

And just because you know how the game works some new users don't so saying it's there so I am having it rule would have you banned from our server.

• @Rexzooly said:

And just because you know how the game works some new users don't so saying it's there so I am having it rule would have you banned from our server.

So what you're saying is that your introduction for new players is total shit. Aha.
    How about whitelist?

• You don't understand the need for custom actions for admins, not mod, but admins as server and game play creation and owners, if you are willing to steal a new users items just because they don't know how to collect things better.

You are viewing it from the view of your normal game play, this is not the right way to think about it and does not help this topic.

Admins do need more powers, to help use set up the game play we want to offer, so we can gift things if WE want to, and help new users that never even played the game before, all our users never played the game before joining our server, our server is the reason one user got the game in the first place, me hosting a friend in the past is the reason me and my wife got the game.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!