Farming Information! Let's figure everything out!

• Hello everyone!

I, like many of you, have taken an interest in farming on the server me friends and I play on. I also however find the farming to be slightly convoluted and confusing. So I thought maybe through our combined efforts and discoveries we could try and figure all the numbers and nitty-gritty out! I have started a spreadsheet with all the info for the plants I have found so far, along with the math on how I got to those values. Everything labeled under "baseline" are the values for the tilled block without anything planted in it, and every subsequently labeled column are the values for that labeled plant in the same block. Obviously everything isn't quite finished yet, and is still VERY much a work in progress, but I wanted to share what I had so far! I also have done zero experimentation with the fertilizers in game, hence why those values are excluded in my final values. Let's do this!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7P_VCLAt6X2x_j9xsWdrESIOnZaLfq8BW3zXl107jo/edit?usp=sharing

• moisture 1 farming 16 temperature 1 farming help 1
    Views

• I think tomatoes take 24 hours to grow max harvest quantity.

• Okay @Vanido, I updated the spreadsheet to include a time to grow section! I kept a question mark beside it until we can confirm that the 24 hours is accurate.

• @SydZedler said:

Hello everyone!

I, like many of you, have taken an interest in farming on the server me friends and I play on. I also however find the farming to be slightly convoluted and confusing. So I thought maybe through our combined efforts and discoveries we could try and figure all the numbers and nitty-gritty out! I have started a spreadsheet with all the info for the plants I have found so far, along with the math on how I got to those values. Everything labeled under "baseline" are the values for the tilled block without anything planted in it, and every subsequently labeled column are the values for that labeled plant in the same block. Obviously everything isn't quite finished yet, and is still VERY much a work in progress, but I wanted to share what I had so far! I also have done zero experimentation with the fertilizers in game, hence why those values are excluded in my final values. Let's do this!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G7P_VCLAt6X2x_j9xsWdrESIOnZaLfq8BW3zXl107jo/edit?usp=sharing

This info already on the Wiki.

https://eco.gamepedia.com/Farmer

• I would recommend just using the soil sampler. It can be differed for each plant on a different location how long it takes to grow.

1. Soil Sampler is my favorite tool. I never leave home without it.
    2. After replanting a field 7-8 times, I noticed the soil minerals going down.
    3. If in big quantities some minerals are lowering the "happiness" of certain plants. Seems like plants like every mineral to be in a range rather than more than needed.
    4. Some plants complain about overcrowding in an empty surrounding. Others are happy even surrounded. I suspect overcrowding means something else. Probably mineral saturation instead.
    5. Some plants may seem fully grown but if are still maturing, have a chance to fail at harvesting. I.E. a tomato plant at 85% maturity seems big enough but when harvested may fail to provide fruit. 100% grown tomato always gives off fruit.
    6. Noticed some plants are more sensible to sub-optimal heat and more tolerable to sub-optimal coldness or vice versa. I rely more on the heatmap.
    7. Heatmap functionality helps a lot. YieldPotential heatmaps are hidden after the list of PopulationHeatmaps. In the map menu, click the dropdown, after the first list of plants there is the same list but for YieldPotential.
    8. All this have been changed in the past and since the game is still in progress, are subject to change.

moisture 1 farming 16 temperature 1 farming help 1
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!