Underground house

• So, my server got a reset, and when I logged no one was around. So I decided to walk around and maybe I could found where any one settled down... Sadly I wasn't able to found any building. So I started to at least be able to farm for food. And only build the first building at the side of a hill.
    After that I searched for a place to plant some seeds, So I went around the hill and for my surprise (and rage because I could have used that building instead of building it again) there was 3 buildings finished. So I got sad because my work was in vain (Those were much better building with rock and decent roof, mine was only with logs :( ), and I traveled like 5 times jumping across the hills. After that I got tired and decided to make a tunnel xD

So I wanted to share how it looks like. And know what do you think, because I build my house inside the tunnel xD
    Check it out: https://youtu.be/8w2cFb6dxRk

TL; DR: Watch the video and tell me what you think :)

Views

• I try to sink most of my buildings into the side of hills or bury them underground, I find it saves resources as long as you use the recommended amount of required materials. I have a few buildings built into the side of a cliff not far from your location, and have my house hidden underground.

Great location with your house, though if you are trying to hide it find something a little more subtle to mark it as i found it easily with the torches lightning the tunnels

• Do we think that the "ideal" home will form and we will lose some of the creativity and such that you see in other sandbox type games? I was thinking something like this as I was building a house waiting for all the requirements to become green. The instant they became green I would stop building, regardless of holes in the roof and whatnot.

I guess it comes down to the "role play" aspect. I like my home/building looking nice even at the cost of a couple more bits of resources.

For those of you looking to maximize, I'm sure the "underground" or "cliff" home will be a frequent build :)

• i like to build my buildings in cliff faces and underground but that doesnt mean i slack on the creativity on them. I like to have my buildings look nice and ill often go out of the way to add that little something extra to make my buildings flow together

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!