Unhelpful Graphs for Law System

• Things I noted while looking at the graphs for server: skyreachmc.com. Some of these appear to be bugs, others are merely things that could be improved upon or changed.

1. Anything under the "All Players" portion on the left did not display at all on the graph
    2. The order that all objects are listed I feel would make more sense if that were broken into subsections instead of alphabetically (aka sort by all plants first, then animals, then resources, then player buildings, etc).
    3. The order that attributes (death, reproduction, harvest rate, etc) are listed underneath the main items like berries, bulbs and other plants changes from plant to plant and would look less sloppy and be bit more helpful if it stayed consistent (rough example: berry's attributes are listed as population, harvest rate, reproduction whereas wheat's are listed as harvest rate, reproduction population). Minor detail but important to fix in the long run to make the game appear professional.
    4. The initial population being added to the server (example 5000 trees at once upon server creation) should not be included in any living entities population rate as this initial 5000 dwarfs all future population changes in the graph and makes them imperceptible. This could be fixed temporarily by moving the sliders at the bottom of the graph but:
    5. The sliders at the bottom of the graph didn't work for me in regards to changing the time window I wanted displayed.
    6. Finally, I'm not sure if this is an inaccuracy in the graph or an accurate reflection of something wonkey going on in game but if you'll look at the image I've attached, you can see bunchgrass/camas/huckleberry populations all taking a fairly drastic dive in unison after the population was very steady all game (this is also in the server named above). This happened shortly after a small (but significant in comparison to the steady line before) boost in all the animal populations that also happened in unison. You'll notice the straight lines at the bottom of the graph show there wasn't any significant changes in harvesting and the upward moving mostly linear pink lines also show there wasn't a big change in the death by old age factor either for the plants. I don't know how helpful this all is but I just wanted to show something is wonky.

Graph.png

Views

• added to issue 446

for developers https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/Eco/issues/446

• Good list, we will work through this when we spruce this up for the next laws iteration. I've seen that population drop, I think its a bug with too many animals spawning with identical lifetimes at the start. Thanks!

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!