Strange Bug(server reset itself)?

• Hello!

First sorry for my bad english.

I really love the game and must thanks the devs for this jewel.

But i have a question about the servers or maybe a bug. I have hosted my server on an german serverhoster. On that webinterface you have the function "automatical Serverrestart" that is usually happens on 5:00 in the morning. I didn't realize it and leave it on, today on the first restart that automatically happened (Server is 2 days old) caused the server to reset itself and erase every progress. Now i joined and only see the "Create a Character" screen.

On the forums from that hoster i read an user post with the exact same problem but the answer from the support was this is a known bug on the side from the devs. Now i would love to know, after i read the bug list and found nothing similiar, if this is a correct answer or anyone heared about this bug?

Many thanks for your time :)

Edit1:
    After more investigation i found out, that in the german forums here (http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/2726/welt-generiert-sich-jeden-tag-neu) that guy have the same problem as i(exempt the error log, i dont get any crashlog and the logs from the hoster are basic). Seems that the serverhoster was not very successful in that case :/. Any tips to prevent that after a month from the old topic, are there any news? Wrote a support ticket to the hoster but have to wait for a reply.

Views

• Do not use host services, but download server soft and start your home-hosted servers.

had same problem with one of those services.. it was reseting server daily.

• @Miisa said:

Do not use host services, but download server soft and start your home-hosted servers.

had same problem with one of those services.. it was reseting server daily.

Thank you very much for your answer :) Its good to read that this error occurs only on hosters. Will start my home hosted Server and give a reply then again here :)

• Not trying to be advertisment but i've been a pingperfect hoster for years now. First mc servers and now Eco. I've yet to have problems with them. The interfaces are easy and scheduling restarts and what not is smooth. I also live in Germany and they have a Frankfurt server site.

• If the server is nitrado then they should have received already a mail about this from on of our community members about they issue. For now they have not contacted us. You can always ask in a support ticket to the Hosting service to contact us if they have any issues.

• Correct, it was nitrado.
    and what i get in return about "server reseting daily", was this post.

"
    Hello,

Thank you for your support request.

Unfortunately, we can't change the game's behaviour because we have no access to its code. We would recommend you to contact the ARK Support directly:
    http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/category/16/public-forum-en

This way, the game's developers can directly respond to your request and may fix your described matter of concern with the next update.

Feel free to contact us again if you have any additional questions.
    "

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!