Just a few questions

• This game seems epic, and of big scope, but I have a few questions:

1)If you are 'always around' even when logged off..what if you have to sleep for 6 hours, then work for 8?
    1A) Can animals kill you while you are logged off?
    1B) Can you starve to death if you don't have enough food in your inventory when you log off?

1. Can you starve to death?
      I'll admit; I don't like mechanics that have me checking needs every 5 minutes because my avatar has a wasting disease or 50 tapeworms. :P
      I don't mind if food impacts my ability to do things, so long as I can explore without worrying about dropping dead. Or is it that the server can decide the severity of food needs/repercussions?
      (I'll admit; I LOVE finding natural caves and exploring and getting lost and finding my way out)

2. What happens WHEN you die?
      Is all your stuff gone? Dropped where you died? Do you respawn with it all back at a 'home point'?
      Or, again, does the server maker decide?

3. Can you turn off the meteor?
      If people want a more laid back game, can you turn off the meteor time limit and see how long your Civ can last?

4. Will there be other natural disasters?
      Other than the world ending meteor, will there be other disasters? Like volcanos, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, blizzards, etc?

Thank you for your answers! :)

Views

• @Eguzky said:

1)If you are 'always around' even when logged off..what if you have to sleep for 6 hours, then work for 8?

• You disappear from world.

1A) Can animals kill you while you are logged off?

• You cant die.

1B) Can you starve to death if you don't have enough food in your inventory when you log off?

1. Can you starve to death?
    • No dying.

I'll admit; I don't like mechanics that have me checking needs every 5 minutes because my avatar has a wasting disease or 50 tapeworms. :P
    I don't mind if food impacts my ability to do things, so long as I can explore without worrying about dropping dead. Or is it that the server can decide the severity of food needs/repercussions?
    (I'll admit; I LOVE finding natural caves and exploring and getting lost and finding my way out)

1. What happens WHEN you die?
    • Nothing :)

Is all your stuff gone? Dropped where you died? Do you respawn with it all back at a 'home point'?
    Or, again, does the server maker decide?

1. Can you turn off the meteor?
    • Yes

If people want a more laid back game, can you turn off the meteor time limit and see how long your Civ can last?

1. Will there be other natural disasters?

Tailings :)

• pretty much what miisa said but food does affect your progression in the game,

we here at aus run 2 servers 1 that houses a meteor and one that doesnt :)

The Aussie 24/7 Server Admin.

• 1A,B<C That's always a possibility but at this time 'sleep' would serve no purpose in the game. And in most ways you are 'sleeping' when your not online. You continue to gain skill points but you are not really in game - as in being seen by other players/animals etc. If sleep was added as something you did while in game it would really need to do something for you - like apply to stats or something. That would mean doing a bunch of re-coding and adding in a system for sleep and its benefits and then balance that out with food etc.

Since you are physically not in the game when logged off nothing can affect you. Besides animals do not attack.

2 There is no player death, you cannot starve or be killed

1. Nothing happesn or is lost when you die because you cannot die

2. You can turn off the meteor or change how long you have until it comes. Currently there is no way to change how the meteor reacts once you create the world the first time. So if you build a world with the meteor off you cannot then turn it on if you want it later without restarting the whole world. If you have it set to true and use the default 30 days you cannot turn it off or change the time when it arrives without regenerating .. but you can select it to not show up for 60 or 90 or as many days (real days not game days) as you like - just whatever you select is what you will have for that world.

3. At this time no other disasters are planned

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    reddit moderator: rentechd
    https://discord.gg/Mg4WJe9

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!