Research table not crafting

• Hey I am new to the game and have got a base built of logs with a peat roof but the research table does not class this as a room how do I fix this so that I can craft using the research table thanks.

Views

• Check on the status page of the research table. It should tell you why it's not crafting (ie/ room is too small, too many workstations in it etc etc).

• yeah it has a cross next to contained within a room and next to the part about the logs

• So the room isn't complete, or isn't big enough for the table by the sounds of it.

• Ok cool thanks

• I think what I need to do is find someone to play with that know the game and then get them to teach me

• @Reeyaz said:

I think what I need to do is find someone to play with that know the game and then get them to teach me

Yeah, I'm a VERY new player myself, and it's taken ages to work out the few things I have (the research table just happened to be one of them). Worse still, the documentation on the game is MASSIVELY incomplete, so you're pretty much on your own.

My game has advanced to making ingots, and not for love nor money can I get the tailings to stop polluting the world, despite following the (brief) instructions I can find around the place on how to do it.

If you can find a populated server, that may help, for myself, I've been playing this "local" by myself.

• @OzHawkeye if you want to stop producing the tailings you need to make a blast furnace as it doesn't make tailings when smelting how ever it does make air pollution when smelting

The Aussie 24/7 Servers Senior Admin
    https://www.aussie247eco.com/
    Server Discord https://discord.gg/Jps75CD

• @OzHawkeye said:

My game has advanced to making ingots, and not for love nor money can I get the tailings to stop polluting the world, despite following the (brief) instructions I can find around the place on how to do it.

dig down deep in unbroken stone, 5x5x5 place a stockpile, cover with mortored stone and no more pollution spread. (atleast thats how its working on our server)

also If you guys are struggling with learning things you are welcome to join our server we have many new folks like yourself that we are helping learn the ways. Lots of folks who have already been where you are at, so they can share their knowledge with you. :) gl out there mate!

Server Name: [US] Mediocre At Best [30day Meteor]
    IP: 198.46.227.194
    Discord: https://discord.gg/usSRE2G
    "Come trade, build, grow as you please!"
    Enjoy our custom mods!

• Well, here's what I did:

Dug down several layers (7 exactly I think).

Dug out a 7x7 base, and laid down a mortared stone floor.

The outside ring also become walls, leaving a 5x5 interior floor. Built a stockpile on that.

Built the walls up 5 levels. A 6th level then became the mortared stone roof.

Laid a layer of dirt over that, completely covering the entire structure.

Tailings still leak.

@emmeck, unfortunately I'm not up to a furnace yet, just got the Bloomery working.

The problem is, there's basically zero documentation I've been able to find on precisely how to encase the tailings. For example, people say dig down, ok, but how far? Do I need to go all the way to bedrock? Does bedrock even exist in this game? Clearly what I've done isn't working as the pollution isn't clearing up - but then again, maybe it is, and I just haven't waited long enough - again, there's no documentation saying precisely how long pollution lasts.

I'm not trying to rip on the game overly here, I understand that it's still basically pre-alpha, and I've put up with the bugs, and the awful FPS I'm getting on the understanding I'm not playing a Gold-release game yet, but the lack of documentation is a real killjoy - many of the entries in the games wiki lead to blank pages, or indeed to no pages at all, and even where entries do exist, they're extraordinarily brief and, to be blunt, not at all helpful.

@stormoffires - thanks for the offer, and I guess I might end up having to join a server. I usually prefer to work things out for myself (I don't want to burden other players with too many in-game "how does [x][y][z] work), but, sans documentation, this has proven so far to be a frustrating experience.

@Reeyaz Sorry to hijack your thread to. Hope you got the research table working though. :-)

• @OzHawkeye it doesn't have to be down to bedrock. My tailings dump was just down about 8 layers once I hit just stone then carved out a 6 wide 5 long and 5 tall room and left the stone uncracked I will take a pic soon and try and upload it for you. I've never had pollution with this method

tunnel to tailings dump.jpg

inside tailings dump.jpg

tailings dump opening.jpg

The Aussie 24/7 Servers Senior Admin
    https://www.aussie247eco.com/
    Server Discord https://discord.gg/Jps75CD

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!