Had Eco a while, only really had time to invest recently (so had to convert 5.5.4 -> 5.6, relatively painless other than deeds seeming to be orphaned i.e. can't hammer my own cart).
Set up a stockpile for tailings and within 5 minutes half the map looks like Chernobyl. The instructions on pollution/waste management are a litle vague.
- What counts as sealed tailings? Can loose shovelled rock work? Masonry? Brick? Concrete (my goal)?
- Does the pile also need capping on top?
- Will the ground ever recover? If not game seems to punish you for not keeping your ore operations halfway across the map.
- As far as I can tell there's a basic CO2 ppm counter, pollution + animals vs. trees. Raising it arbitrarily raises the water level, no observed effect on temperatures/ice biomes, is this the case?
- Again, is this reversible? Say I halt industry and start mass planting?
I suspect things will be less of an issue if the ever get water handling mechanics (dams/seawalls and tailing ponds) but right now it seems overly punitive considering I'm only a one-man operation on this server, makes me look like a Captain Planet villain.
from what devs had said 'sealed' is mortared stone buried underground - dirt touching all sides.
The pollution form tailings should not have covered half your map in 5 minutes. If so you have the game speeded up or something else is wrong.- it takes a great deal longer to get pollution creep out of a tailing block to hit even 10 blocks from center (at least a game day). If it go half your map in 5 minutes your world is bugged and I would advice recreating it for testing so you get accurate resultslast edited by
reddit moderator: rentechd
This post is deleted!last edited by
Befolgt die einschlägigen Bestimmungen des National Environmental Quality Promotion and Maintenance Act. Mit der Genehmigung des Nationalen Umweltausschusses. Ausschuss für die Bekämpfung der Umweltverschmutzung und Umweltschutzbeauftragter Um die gesetzlichen Maßnahmen zum Zweck der Kontrolle durchzusetzen. Vermeidung und Behebung von Umweltproblemen durch Verschmutzung.
Relevanz im Spiel?