Speeding up server?

• Finally have a bit of time to put into the game (even though 5.6 is likely to shake a ton of stuff up), set 100x skill speed so I can learn the ropes solo.

Is there a way to "speed up" the server when people aren't on? I can't really leave my PC running 24/7 and wondered if there was a way to, say, burn through 24hrs quickly before I start playing the next day, to compensate. Timemult doesn't seem to do anything from my tests.

Also, is there a way to find ores quickly? Most outcrops only have 10-20 iron so it's not worth building a road halfway across the world (big shovel ftw) , but at the same time I can't find much anywhere, but see all these screen shots with massive mine networks.

Thanks.

Views

• in the EcoSim.eco file in the configs at the top you will find

{
    "$id": "1",
    "WorldLayerTickTime": 600.0,

change the 600 to a smaller number and the world will speed up, that causes a tick every 10 minutes or 600 seconds so you can do the math

as far as ore, i had the same issue my world created with very little ore at all, so i created a simple mod for the ore to allow it to be made from stone on the Quarry table.

if you want you can download them from here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q6uijlbvxppz2ri/Items.zip?dl=0

put the three files into the Mods\AutoGen\Items folder and then restart the server and they should show up on the quarry.... also if your quarry is already placed you will have to pick it up and put it back down before the recipes will show up.....this is for 5.5.4 only.

• Thanks, also seems that I can fast forward from the world layers screen (inadvertenly shot forward a couple of days) doesn't seem to affect crafting/research time though, is there a way to do that?

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!