Server crash on startup

• was able to play a game on a server I hosted for about an hour and a half until the server crashed. now when I go to try and restart the server I get this dump log

-BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    05/25/2017 18:31:53

Exception
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Could not read Storage\Game.eco as a zip file ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x00000000) at position 0x00E058BB
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(ZipEntry ze, Encoding defaultEncoding)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(ZipContainer zc, Boolean first)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(ZipFile zf)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InitInstance(String zipFileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile..ctor(String fileName)
    at Eco.Core.Serialization.DataStore.OpenZipFile()
    at Eco.Core.Plugins.StorageManager..ctor()
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Object[] args)
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager.AddPlugin[T](Object[] p)
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager.<.ctor>b__1_0()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager..ctor()
    at Eco.Server.MainClass.Main(String[] args)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Could not read Storage\Game.eco as a zip file ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x00000000) at position 0x00E058BB
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InitInstance(String zipFileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter)
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

Inner Exception
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Could not read Storage\Game.eco as a zip file ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x00000000) at position 0x00E058BB
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager..ctor()
    at Eco.Server.MainClass.Main(String[] args)
    ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Could not read Storage\Game.eco as a zip file ---> Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile ---> Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x00000000) at position 0x00E058BB
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

--END DUMP--

Views

• Check / do the following:

1. Check that only one instance from the folder is running.
    2. Restart your computer
    3. Check that no other program like an antivirus is blocking read and write action from the save file.

Delete the Game.eco file and rename the archive.eco file from the same storage folder if above does not work.

It seems that ether some app is preventing the opening eco from opening the save file or that your save file got corrupted for some reason

• You can also do the following if you suspect a corrupt game file

Stop your server
    Copy Game.eco (in storage folder) to somewhere else on your computer to save it.
    Delete Game.eco from the storage folder
    Rename Archive.eco to Game.eco
    Restart your server

You may lose a short amount of game play but that should give you a uncorrupt copy. If that file is corrupt to then you will need to go into your backup directory and find a backup from some time before and install it.

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    reddit moderator: rentechd
    https://discord.gg/Mg4WJe9

• so I reset my pc with an entire new instance of windows 10. the only antivirus I have at the moment is the standard windows defender and eco is allowed through the firewall and has read write permissions. and I still get the same error after a while. I have downloaded a new file of the server so many times and started completely new servers more times than I can count. I'm trying to pursue rentechd's suggestion at the moment but I cant find the archive.eco file.

• I found a backup of the server in the backup folder and renamed it game.eco so I lost about 20 minutes or so of game time. I want to know though why my save games keep getting corrupted when I'm literally doing nothing besides opening and closing the server

• Howdy !

Normally it is pretty rare these days to see that game files breaks. Though i have seen that to short backup times sometimes can cause trouble.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!