Linux Server Error. Please Help

• I'm trying to setup a Eco Server on linux. A good friend gave me rights for putty and filezilla. I installed Mono and now im trying to start the server. Got this error and cant handle out whats wrong. BTW i just started learning linux today. I'm an absolutly newbie.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Could not open display (X-Server required. Check your DISPLAY environment variable)
    Parameter name: Display

Views

• The ECO server is not supported except on WIndows servers. Even so the SLG developers have tried to do all they possibly can to help Linux server owners get a server running. Right now the issue is with Mono and although they even rolled the .Net version used in Eco back in 5.5.4 to try and resolve the issue the Linux Server will still not work. The resolution to this and the ability to have Linux supported as a server will come once .Net gets its next big update and it can be used on Linux and Mono will no longer be required to be installed "in the middle".

Until then there is really nothing to do but install on a WIndows Server

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    reddit moderator: rentechd
    https://discord.gg/Mg4WJe9

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!