a deluge of idea's

• after playing for a long time, i thought it was time to post a few things which i think would improve the general performance/flow of the game.

i did a quick search and didnt find any of these. but im sure @NoBlackThunder could prove me wrong.
    he loves to do that....

1. CTRL+ CLICK movements
      a shortcut key should be added to move items from one entity into backpack and vise-vesa.

2. TAKE ALL
      add a take all button to storage, which would fill backpack/hotkey with as much as you can carry from the box.

3. communal/PUBLIC
      adding a check box at the bottom like the LOCKED option. which would make items crafted go into public storage instead of private.

4. increase stack sizes
      10 stacks of rock/ore/wood makes sense.
      100 stack of wheat seeds? seeds should go to at least 250 imo, saves space and doesnt break balance i think.

5. Tree leaves
      make treeleaves like plants, you can target and harvest them, but you cant stand on them. it makes harvesting tree seeds way to easy and quite funny. jumping from tree to tree running over the green puffs of solid and stable footing.....

dont want to add too many in one list. they are relatively small changes, im sure most could be done as a 'mod' but again imo they should form part of the vanilla release.

im sorry if some have been posted before or that some have been announced as in the pipeline.

Views

• @gsxman

1. Might be hard to figure out which inventory you want to move it TO from your backpack, but from an inventory to your backpack sounds doable.

2. Feel like this might be a bit too overpowered, not sure.

3. Seen this suggested, not sure if a proper post has been made, nevertheless a good idea.

4. You can already have 10 of stone, ore and wood, just not when picking it up from the ground, this all kinda makes sense tbh. You don't grab 10 logs at a time when you cut a tree down. The new stockpiles will help a lot with collecting stuff though.

5. +1

SLG Support: support@strangeloopgames.com

• sorry you mis understood that point.

[quote]increase stack sizes
    10 stacks of rock/ore/wood makes sense.
    100 stack of wheat seeds? seeds should go to at least 250 imo, saves space and doesnt break balance i think.[/quote]

i was trying to say i accept the current 10 stack of ore/wood. but the smaller stuff like seeds i find 100 stack a joke.

• @gsxman Oh, I completely misread that, sorry. Honestly increasing the stack size shouldn't be a solution for this imo. Adding an actual use for them, such as pressing them for oil, or adding composting, would make a lot more sense thematically.

SLG Support: support@strangeloopgames.com

• it isnt the over abundance of them which i have a huge issue with.
    i find the idea that 100m2 of seeds takes the same room as 100m2 of harvested wheat.

so to fix this ratio. increasing seed stacks makes sense. and its not balance breaking like making it 1000 stacks. 250~ is a conservative change.

• @gsxman I agree with @MGrand3 that finding a use for them would be nice.... i saw a suggestion of being able to make a trail mix from seeds..... I like this idea....nothing great but for the times you doing a lot of labor like mining a lot or rebuilding roads a trail mix that doesn't give you much SP/day but allows you to gain calories enough to do the work without going through stacks of corn or something else to get the calories would be nice.

I mention this because lately I have been assisting my server admins with building roads, and i go through stacks of corn like nothing as you burn calories so quickly building long wide roads..... I usually eat corn since it gives me decent calories even though i may lose a skill point or two because my SP/Day drops to like 13, but for an hour of work where i have to eat every 5 mins you go through a ton of corn and you really only lose 1 or 2 skill points during that time.... a trail mix that maybe gave 500 calories but could keep you at about 20 SP/day would be very handy for these hard labor periods.

• UPDATE:
    Also a total project time would be nice.
    so next to where it says Project it should have the time for all projects to finish.
    otherwise you have to check one at a time and add up in your head.

• @MGrand3 said:

@gsxman

1. Might be hard to figure out which inventory you want to move it TO from your backpack, but from an inventory to your backpack sounds doable.

2. Feel like this might be a bit too overpowered, not sure.

3. Seen this suggested, not sure if a proper post has been made, nevertheless a good idea.

4. You can already have 10 of stone, ore and wood, just not when picking it up from the ground, this all kinda makes sense tbh. You don't grab 10 logs at a time when you cut a tree down. The new stockpiles will help a lot with collecting stuff though.

5. +1

Stockpiles do help but i had a look at the staged version and was quite amazed that they are fullsize blocks.
    so stone looks like your building a castle.
    It also needs to be in range of your crafttables, so middle of house ?
    Also no more storage on anything so add chest to add storage to everything.

I'll wait how it works out, as staged should be avoided for normal play.
    Like currently you can't add stones and logs to a running project cause they don't fit in storages anymore, LOL.

But as another small spoiler, they are adding tutorial tooltips for new players ;)

• @Neouni they are also adding linked inventories, so your tables in the building can pull from the stockpile automatically

• @toxxikz said:

@Neouni they are also adding linked inventories, so your tables in the building can pull from the stockpile automatically

Ah, could be that 2 blocks was too far away to be considered part of the building.
    Forgot to check that actually was testing something else I've heard being mentioned

• @Neouni 2 blocks away should work if it's inside of the same closed building.... but then again they aren't done with 5.6 yet so it may not be fully implemented

• @toxxikz said:

@Neouni 2 blocks away should work if it's inside of the same closed building.... but then again they aren't done with 5.6 yet so it may not be fully implemented

No I build it next to my building, as a sort of junkyard,
    since it's 5x5 and uses realsize blocks.
    it has 25 slots that stack up to 10.
    so Basically it goes up to 10 high when fully filled...

• Also, cardboard production so we can build boxes with X inventory slots and put things there, give a name and close.
    That way we can sell, store(boxes inside inventory), stock, gift, mail, transfer, a box of something, food, seeds, vegetables, meat... in stack at once.
    Small (2*), medium(3*) and large(4*) boxes.
    *Number of inventory slots.

Also wood boxes to hold stone, ores, wood...

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!