What is your current eductional plan for Eco ?

• Currently the 5.5 builds seem to be about extending the lifespan of the game by making everything unrealistic.
    Turning everything in a grind in the hopes of keeping kids busy.

I would certainly reject this game as a teacher.

I would call the game NEG, Nutrition and Extinction Grind, LOL.

While extinction is related to ecology it only comes in very late in the game.
    The efficiency skills and the requirement to use them make everything unrealistic in the game.
    I know efficiency is there to promote teamwork, but if your stubborn enough you can still do it without.

Make players send out assist request to nearby players to craft something with their skill.
    This will also make research efficiency useful as you can help any player basically.

Allow to make projects in the name of someone else, or public.

In the current state in think my kids will benefit more from playing A tale in the desert in a sped up version then Eco.
    Since it features more biology, ecology, farming, science, mechanics, etc
    Only the tests, and religion aspects of it might not suit the other teachers.

Views

• My hope is that there is two different modes, one that requires co-operation (teacher mode) and one that is more forward towards solo/small online group play. It's obvious which would be best for which situation, it's still in alpha and many changes yet to be made.

• Efficiency isn't about making it easier for the player to be able to do things, rather it is about getting the most out of the planet. Without efficiency you are taking more of the planet in return for something less than if you were to be efficient. The message is that there are resources that are finite and if squandered will run out quickly for little benefit.

• @Chrisyou said:

Efficiency isn't about making it easier for the player to be able to do things, rather it is about getting the most out of the planet. Without efficiency you are taking more of the planet in return for something less than if you were to be efficient. The message is that there are resources that are finite and if squandered will run out quickly for little benefit.

Agreed but at the same time getting those efficiencies to be eco friendly will kill the server. I did a test at normal progression with food, the end result was that Elk where almost extinct before I had enough efficiencies in butchering and in cooking to be able to get enough skill points per day to actually do any good.

• Let's take Wooden windows for example it fills a 1 log hole but takes 36 logs i believe for the inefficient,
    now you can reduce the price by 80% with efficiency that is enough to put any competing carpenter out of business.
    And it's still 7.2 logs which still makes any carpenter look like a bumbling fool.

Real world logic might allow for 25% efficiency maybe, with most coming out of good tools.
    Then let's take into account that efficiency and product diversity goes up together.
    Generally when you get better by the time you learn to make a new product your better at making your old ones.
    Even life is feudal and ark are more realistic in terms of crafting.

I would probably have went the A tale in the desert way, have a skilled mechanic tune your workbench with some organic oil and tools

Retention of volume and mass is another thing.

Your aiming for schools, but you fail so bad at logic, science, and any other subject while only covering a minor part of ecology.

• In 5.5.3 it only takes me 0.6 logs per wood window(1.2 boards and 1 board=0.5 logs). I am not sure where you get 7.2 logs from?

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!