[Server Suggestion] Server Commandline Interface (And other minor Server features)

• From a server admin viewpoint, a commandline option for ECO would be nice.
    Commandline interfaces give some very nice advantages over GUI
    When running Servers I like being able to run them on a Core Mode Server, because:

• It is less overhead
    • Allows for scripting
    • Can be run on a core Server/Server without GUI (Much more stable and less resources used, OS-Wise)

Is this a planned feature?

Also the minor following features would be nice:

• The ability to bind the listeners to specific IP's/ports
    • Make ServerWatcher.exe and Server.exe background processes and optionally show them
    • Exporting/Importing settings from a .txt file or something like that

(I'm running the server exe on Windows Server 2012 R2, no issues so far! ~2H uptime)

Views

• hey. good feedback =)

btw since you run windows server ( like i do ). i like to make all my games servers into a service =)
    and build my own gui app for users to update and start /stop those server ..

so if you ever want to make all your game server into a service then you can buy something that is called FireDaemon .. its a really nice application for creating services from applications.
    just a small tip ;)

btw i move this to Ideas and feedback since its not a bug report =)

• "btw i move this to Ideas and feedback since its not a bug report =)"

Yes please do. I clicked new post under bug reports and wasn't sure it would post there, or my current directory. Hint: It's not the current directory :P

Another good reason for a commandline tool! I do run my servers as a service, and make my own tools and interfaces based on the commandline.
    I'll look into FireDeamon, looks usefull.

If a CLI is released i'm making a powershell module and probably some type of remote management WebGUI.

• Should also point out that a command-line interface is essential for Linux machines. I note that the server doesn't officially support Linux (and indeed it doesn't work there) yet, but almost all Linux servers are running without a GUI. It's an unnecessary overhead in a production environment.

• Yes that is something that we will definitely need to do as we build the linux server. Good list of features, thanks for the feedback.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!