A waiting game.

• For every new patch that comes out to fix a major issue, more issues crop up to take their place. Its been a constant waiting game for new fixes to at least make this game playable.

Last patch was farming , this patch it's stupid expensive materials cost and a pollution mechanic so sensitive that I don't even have to build much for it to turn everything to garbage.

How are we supposed to advance past the first few stages if just breathing in the general direction of the river turns it a lovely shade of magenta?

Views

• Everyone needs to remember that this is an alpha game. They have bugs. You should try helping and posting about bugs, why you don't like them, and how they could fix them. . Instead of just complaining about the state of the game.

Best Regards
    Nick
    AKA Alderone
    ECO WASTE Server
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/eco.waste.50
    You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq9hnwtgBrCXNIiZm5-n5xA

• We have submitted bug reports and posted in the forum for it. I've been with this game since 3.1 and it has come along way for being playable, but some of this stuff is getting rediculous.

• The pollution can't be helped too much as far as i know, building your pollution creating stuff far away from your main areas is a fix, link it up with roads and carts to transport stuff better. As far as stuff being expensive or taking too long a quick trip into the server's files and editing with notepad is a quick fix for that. One thing i changed on my server is the crafting time for log roofs which in my opinion was outrageous even with 2 workbenches going on it. While i haven't personally done it, it is possible I believe to edit both crafting times and costs. Ive only done crafting times but just from looking costs should be possible too. While i agree that maybe we shouldn't have to edit, but considering how many people beta test the Staging builds they dont get much data as far as balancing goes

• Thank you, we will have to look into that and move our mine.
    I also had no idea that we could change the settings like that, but then again, we never have the best of luck messing around in the text editor.

• If you need any help let me know, i never tinkered with C# but everything ive done so far has worked wonderfully for my needs and I'm sure i can help if you need

• If you need any help changing the rates and whatnot, stop by the official Discord channel, there's usually someone who can help there. https://discord.gg/ge3JDp2

SLG Support: support@strangeloopgames.com

• @MGrand3 I am not sure why someone would want to change the costs of materials and such or even change the crafting times. While some things probably do deserve a little tweak here and there (small sign costs twice as many boards as a full sign yet its smaller lol) it is pretty balanced. I say this after I complained as well to @Lhamabomb for the high costs and energy usage only to take some of his advice and use the efficiencies more.... what a difference they make.

So to kind of sum up my take on this build.... it's not just about managing your eco system but about managing your efficiencies, materials and time as well. the key is efficiency, once you get those up the cost of materials and the energy used to get them is pretty good, you can't just rush right through the profession you need to take your time and do it right or you're going to be paying a high price for everything and then it may not seem fun.

So to all the people saying its not fun anymore, have you maxed out your efficiencies before pushing forward or are you just wanting instant gratification? It's kind of like building a new house, I am sure your contractor can have something for you to live in, in less than a week, but would it be as nice as if you gave them 6 months to do it right.

• We change stuff to fit a style we prefer, for example, on my previous server i changed that most food recipies cost 1.5x as much as what they cost in the base game since it was so easy with my efficenices to just spam food from nothingness and felt it needed to be harder. Likewise on 5.5 i feel certain things, like log roofs taking 2min to craft a peice, which for even a moderate house being lets say 10x10 needs 100 of those taking what will be 2hrs 20min. Yes i can reduce this to i think it was 1min 24sec with i believe a lvl2 effecient in the skill and that shoots it down allot, but still sometime. I simply felt this was something that needed tweaking. Also I've changed carts so that wood carts can take all slots full of drit/logs, normally only taking 5 slots of 10 (50 total) before hiting the weight limit. Sure things are balanced as far as somethings go and i do agree that the efficencies matter a hell of allot more now. But this choice to speed things up a little or even make things harder is simply something we chose to do. And honeslty this is a far cry from Plan B of typing "/giveskillpoints Th3N3rd,1000000" into the console and unlocking everything which i believe is more instant gratification than reducing the base of those logs roof from 2min to 1min 30sec just to help reduce things a little.

• @Th3N3rd I can understand that point of view and i can understand wanting things to happen quicker.

From my perspective the roof pieces taking 2 hours 20 mins can be reduced down to 28 minutes with maxed efficiencies, which IMO is a way not only of making you work for what you want but about time and resource management. like I said in my earlier post it's not just about a better eco system but it's about better management of your skills and your time and your materials. But that is my opinion and I can see your side of it as well, it's a game not a career you want it to be a little more forgiving.

As for the cart, they are so easy to make and still way better than carrying things with a shovel,I believe they put the limit on them to make you want to strive for the better transportation. At the same time the better transportation takes a lot longer to get where you need to be in order to make it. It is still in alpha and I know there will still be major changes coming down the line. I hope they add another class of cart that can maybe hold a bit more, or maybe let you make improvements to the cart by making stone wheels that can hold more weight.

• as of current my experience with carts is that wood carts are best for almost everything except long hauls, the steering and size of the powered makes it practically need 6 block wide roads for best results (turning corners and allowing say a 2nd powered cart to be traveling in the other direction) For a long haul that can be for the most part straight (for example in building the mine/foundry far away from main area like i suggested above) I'd build the 6 wide road for that so that powered carts can be used well, but having 6 wide roads in lets say inner city construction on the servers i played on doesn't look too good nor is what most of us built to. So i edited the wood cards to have more capacity so that inside the city they can be more useful or inside a mine. while in dramatically increased the weight on powered carts and increased their speed on asphalt and stone roads but reduced it down on dirt roads and super reduced it on non roads, to make them useful for long hauls but not so much anywhere else. but i think discussion of these mechanics can be left to perhaps another thread, no need to hijack this one xD

• @toxxikz said:

@MGrand3 I am not sure why someone would want to change the costs of materials and such or even change the crafting times. While some things probably do deserve a little tweak here and there (small sign costs twice as many boards as a full sign yet its smaller lol) it is pretty balanced. I say this after I complained as well to @Lhamabomb for the high costs and energy usage only to take some of his advice and use the efficiencies more.... what a difference they make.

So to kind of sum up my take on this build.... it's not just about managing your eco system but about managing your efficiencies, materials and time as well. the key is efficiency, once you get those up the cost of materials and the energy used to get them is pretty good, you can't just rush right through the profession you need to take your time and do it right or you're going to be paying a high price for everything and then it may not seem fun.

So to all the people saying its not fun anymore, have you maxed out your efficiencies before pushing forward or are you just wanting instant gratification? It's kind of like building a new house, I am sure your contractor can have something for you to live in, in less than a week, but would it be as nice as if you gave them 6 months to do it right.

What? i helped someone on the internet?! damn it!! i spent so long working on my trolling reputation!! I'l never get this stink of being nice off...

lol glad i could help. IMO, what this game needs the most right now is some patience from the community. It's made great progress and i'm sure anyone that's played a prior version knows that.

I keep telling the people i play with, if it's a balance issue like the pollution spread or what not, stuff like that is wonky because alpha isn't the time for fine tuning. Alpha is the time for brute force changes that can change large swaths of the game. There's no point in spending lots of energy on fine tuning a system that may or may not get scrapped because it looked better on paper than it did in code. This applies to everything, even abnormally high material requirements because there are items that aren't functional yet (all the speed and cost modules like chairs and shelves)

And side Note: I'll be spending some more time working on agriculture today, so maybe might keep an eye on that other post, i've already got some new theories :D Might even take pictures :D

• @Th3N3rd said:

as of current my experience with carts is that wood carts are best for almost everything except long hauls, the steering and size of the powered makes it practically need 6 block wide roads for best results (turning corners and allowing say a 2nd powered cart to be traveling in the other direction) For a long haul that can be for the most part straight (for example in building the mine/foundry far away from main area like i suggested above) I'd build the 6 wide road for that so that powered carts can be used well, but having 6 wide roads in lets say inner city construction on the servers i played on doesn't look too good nor is what most of us built to. So i edited the wood cards to have more capacity so that inside the city they can be more useful or inside a mine. while in dramatically increased the weight on powered carts and increased their speed on asphalt and stone roads but reduced it down on dirt roads and super reduced it on non roads, to make them useful for long hauls but not so much anywhere else. but i think discussion of these mechanics can be left to perhaps another thread, no need to hijack this one xD

meh it's a thread where the OP is complaining about the game not being polished to his expectations, hijack away :P

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!