[5.5]/[5.5.1] Carts going out of bounds

• Figured this is major enough for its own thread.

I've now seen two instances of a cart ending up outside the world border. The first was posted in Discord by DesmondClarke, and the cart ended up at -20, 1077 in a 100x100 world. In my instance the cart ended up around 1520, 584 in a 150x150 world.

In DesmondClarke's case the owner of the cart was the last one to use it, and it was currently not being dragged when it suddenly had disappeared.

In my case a friend of mine had been using it, and it disappeared off the map at some point. He had been gathering wood from the 1500-side of the border and had brought it back. The place he left it is in the same z-coordinate (assuming 3rd coordinate is z) as what the deed says, and the x-coordinate is also correct, just it didn't teleport when crossing the border, so it added 20 to 1500 instead of adding 20 from zero.

I've not been able to reproduce this bug yet.

Or at least that's the best explanation I've been able to come up with so far.

EDIT: Apparently my world just decided that the cart was going to reappear. Unsure what caused this to happen, perhaps I updated the blocks where the cart was standing or something.

EDIT 2: Perhaps related to the unloading of what's on the other side of the border, as the teleport happens, so as you walk through the border the cart might unload before it crosses, but not all of it so the coordinates are still updated or something?

SLG Support: support@strangeloopgames.com

• out of bounds 1 cart 4 border 1 world border 1
    Views

• reopend an old issue https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/502 since it is pretty similar still

• I've also had this issue happen to me while leaving my cart in a tunnel 2 blocks wide. Deed said it was at negative coordinates. After awhile i was traveling through the tunnel and the cart slid out of the dirt before my eyes. 5.5 staging, one of the last builds.

out of bounds 1 cart 4 border 1 world border 1
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!