5.5 Client memory issue

• Client for 5.5 Alpha loads up before shooting up to 99% CPU/Memory use and having to be manually shut down.

Views

• HI..

I get 18% CPU usage and 29% Memory. I think you may have some bad ram. (this is only a suggestion)

This is why to test your memory.
    RAM sticks, known for their chip creep and random failures, are among the more annoying pieces of hardware to pinpoint as the source of a technical issue. Before you start digging around in the tower, it's best to start with a quick and free memory check via Windows. This way, you'll know whether or not it's worth swapping around sticks of RAM to see which one is the dud.

Here's how to get started:

Step 1: Open the Start Menu and type in mdsched.exe, then press enter.

Step 2. A pop-up will appear on your screen, asking how you'd like to go about checking the memory. The first option will restart your machine and check the memory right now, and the second option checks the next time you choose to reboot. Pick the option that best suits your needs.

Step 3: Your computer will load a screen that shows the progress of the check and number of passes it will run on the memory. Watch the memory diagnostic tool for errors. If there are no errors, then it's likely that your RAM is not causing any issues, and it's time to investigate other hardware or software issues.

THX

• I am assuming that you meet the system requirements for the game and are not trying to run the game on a system that does not have the requirements for it?

What OS is this?

Did you delete all the 5.4 client files before unzipping 5.5 into the directory? I have seen this happen to people who just applied the 5.5.zip over the 5.4 installation and did not remove the files in the ECO directory first but once they delete all the files in the directory they have ECO in and install the 5.5 files fresh they are able to start up the game without it choking and churning up the CPU.

My client is using less then 1 GB RAM and less then 10% CPU.

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    reddit moderator: rentechd
    https://discord.gg/Mg4WJe9

• I notice a memory Leak as I play the game as well, Win10, I can't get to 1h with it online until it slows down my entire system.

• When you say "memory leak" what is your RAM at when you notice the slow down? What is your CPU utilization? What is your max RAM and how much RAM is used when you first start your game? Does restarting the game solve it or do you need to reboot your client to get your memory back? The OP is reporting an issue with maxing out when just starting up the client - which is probably not a memory leak. This sounds like 2 different issues

Pam
    Community Moderator
    Discord: Pam#5439
    reddit moderator: rentechd
    https://discord.gg/Mg4WJe9

• @rentechd said:

When you say "memory leak" what is your RAM at when you notice the slow down? What is your CPU utilization? What is your max RAM and how much RAM is used when you first start your game? Does restarting the game solve it or do you need to reboot your client to get your memory back? The OP is reporting an issue with maxing out when just starting up the client - which is probably not a memory leak. This sounds like 2 different issues

Oh haven't noticed that specific issue with the window, yeah on my side is more of a performance degradation over time, eating memory.

• Ok, I'd like to take out that again.

Currently 5.6.1 I walk over the planet (2km) and then the client use arouns 16GB up to 18GB RAM on a system with 16GB.
    As reasult the HD(SSD) is permanently writing and reading and the game slow down massivelly.

A Restart of the client helps. Mostly the client is crashing while closing.

Effectivelly I can play ca. 30-90 minutes if I'm still in one region of the planet. Otherwise the play time is ca. 5-10 minutes if I walk over the planent.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!