Is it worth it?

• Hey there this game has been on my radar for some time now and I'm just wondering how the comunity is. I've been burned by alpha games before (cubeworld) and need to know if this can be played solo or if it's more a social game. Not that I mind either its just I tend to play odd hours.

Views

• My two cents:

In 5.4 you can solo in this game. Make a server on your computer and join it and have fun(?) with that. You could also join other servers and have fun that way.

In 5.5+ The game is a little too hard to do by yourself. What use to take a few hours to get your skills up now could take all day by yourself.

Both: There are a lot of servers with different admins with different play styles. There is also a lot of players from around the world that play at 'odd hours' as well.

Hope that helps.

--MW--

--MW--

• it depend on you
    if you like games that will required teamwork with other players, this is the game for you.
    if you like play solo, this will be a hardcore game for you.

the reason is because your skill will increase everyday but at certain times, learning new skills will require a lot of skill points. also you will waste a lot of times because some works need to be focused more.
    teamwork in this game gonna be the main key to success and also careful planning. divide the job with other players will help tech and community advance faster and will have higher chance to reach your targeted goal faster

hope you get what i try to say. XD

(althought i still dont buy this game because of money currency dropping at my area that make the game more expensive)

• No, not worth it at all yet. Developers have major work to do on just the backbone mechanics of the game - like letting someone host a server or connecting to other servers at all. Me and friends cant play this game at all yet because we have no way to get onto any servers and all of our own servers constantly say offline even though they are set up specifically as directed.

• well, you need to keep in mind, this game is still in alpha version.
    bugs and some error will always appear even if you don't want to.
    i don't have the game yet, so i cant comment about cant connect the server.
    but i watch plenty of youtubers can online smoothly and even make their own server.
    maybe you just don't the wiki enough.

all i can say is if you think this game have bright future, you like this game and you wanna support the dev team, buy it.
    :D

• @Brie101 said:

No, not worth it at all yet. Developers have major work to do on just the backbone mechanics of the game - like letting someone host a server or connecting to other servers at all. Me and friends cant play this game at all yet because we have no way to get onto any servers and all of our own servers constantly say offline even though they are set up specifically as directed.

You're the only one thats complaining how its not working. Its working for everyone else. You probably haven't port forwarded the server or you haven't bought a legitmate copy and theres little to no crack servers.

• @Dulwitch It can easily be played either way. I am playing on a server where we work coop and also with many features the other person doesn't have to be on at the same time to play coop style, they have stores where you can trade your good for theirs even if they are not online. That being said I also have my own local server running, sometimes I just enjoy playing it and not worrying about other people, while it will take a bit longer to progress it is still quite fun.

Also for an Alpha this game is very polished, not perfect but no big game ending bugs that I have found at all. I would and have suggested this game to many of my friends, even bought it for some of them, and they all enjoy it.

Also pay no attention to Brie101 if you look at their postings they are just trolling the entire forum.

• Hey i have cube world too! Though big different between us and cubeworld is that we are more active and not just doing this as an hobby . we are also allot larger. Anyway if you are unsure and dont like unfinished games you might wanna wait until we release eco to steam at least

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!