Ecosystem test ruined, and yet successful

• Yesterday I logged in to find a stripped area and figuring this was bad environmental management I travelled aorund the world to an empty spot and set up a village on a large natural stone slab next to a river.

I set about cutting every second tree and made up for the lack of wood by supplementing with stone. this worked fantastically to maintain minimal impact on the ecosystem... i thought.
    The wolves started to increase slightly and I noticed the numbers of rabbits and deer dropped. As the deer decreased the grass increased quite rapidly and berries and bulbs grew naturally. The forest was supplying my needs through the reduction of deer, although my protein intake was almost zero. Despite this I set up some small paddocks of berry and wheat plots then logged out.

I logged on today to find a few other players had decided to set up near me... they did nto have the environmental management I did and the trees had been stripped from the land. my farms had half rotted, the deer and rabbits were all dead or dying, and the grasses did not grow any where near as quickly. There were no wolves to be seen.
    A few very small trees were starting to peak out from the destruction, but I had no illusions to them lasting long considering that unlike myself, the other players had used wood logs exclusively to build their buildings.

So my land was totally ruined... and the ecosystem worked perfectly. Just like in the real world even the bust sustainable practices can be destroyed by the unwise.

• environment 1 ecosystem 2
    Views

• I guess I'll claim a few of the trees as my land so that they don't get wiped-out.

• I kind of given up playing on public servers run my own, its easier to manage that way for me and the girl freind, every public server i visited pretty much is destroyed waste land.

environment 1 ecosystem 2
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!