Compiled Idea List from Discord Chat

• Thanks to Foolish_Crok and Grav for help compiling!!

Items
    Info board - Places a big info board on which you can add notes.
    Measure Tape
    Minecart
    Stockpile Storage
    More storage solutions (or modular chests i.e. 2x2 chest or 2x2x2)
    Item to move Storage/Players Vertically or horizontally i.e. elevator, dumbwaiter, conveyor etc.
    Funnel
    Silo
    Pallets and a fork lift.
    Storage specific crates for specific goods
    Garage doors (Can be as wide as needed but all open as one. Collapses into the highest block.)
    Rails (connected with minecarts) (splits, crossings, turns and ramps)
    Bulldozers, Digging Machines
    Different backpacks (sizes/ colours)
    bio-reactor machine that produces oil from waste bio-mass for further refinement in a carbon-neutral way
    pigs/troughs to dispose of unneeded biomatter such as scrap meat or seeds etc
    Compost Bin for Composting items for fertilizer
    Cosmetic House Items

• book shelves that hold books only (for a library)
    • dresser to hold clothes and cosmetics
    • a bed to allow you to have a place to sleep possibly providing some kind of bonus to skill earning or calorie loss
    • furniture/ house cosmetics to affect stats / skill multiplyer (trophies/ art)

Jet packs
    Tamable animals for farming or as a mount (I beleive this was a special backer reward)
    ^ Allow backers with the tame ability to sell pets/mounts?
    Hamster Wheel to produce small amounts of energy for farms full of Hamsters feed to produce energy :smile:
    Perhaps also ferrets
    ^ Seriously kinetic energy devices like bikes/treadmills for users to produce energy for calories.
    Manual Cranks for machines needing power. Upgrade with engines
    Wine(Very Very important even the romans got wine)
    Add Status effects for wine
    Steam engine trains
    Modifiable Carts (Increase x/y/z)
    Lunchboxes
    Ladders
    Iron Lockpick

• Workbench: Anvil. Recipie: 1 iron ingot = 2 lockpicks. Purpose: Allow player to open a locked chest.
    • Optional: allow access to private storage, 1 gold ingot + 1 iron ingot = 2 gold lockpicks.

Iron Padlock

• Workbench: Anvil Recipie: 1 iron ingot = 2 padlocks. Purpose: A Strong Lock that breaks Iron Lockpick or requires 2 lockpicks to open a locked chest (and so on)

Different size ramps (x/y/z)

Abilities / Mechanics
    Increased Carry Capacity as a skill
    Logging skill cost decrease
    Public workbench crafts go into public storage
    Ability to direct the falling tree (Maybe fall the direction it is hit by the axe?)
    Option to turn off picking up seeds (Or discard/compost)
    public/private fuel. low priority fuel in public, higher priority in private.
    make machine/light fuel slots respect claims/Lockable
    Burn Wood Pulp or use as fertilizer
    make logs float down rivers to transport cut wood
    ^ Log tender job
    After meteor hit apocalypse scenario to recover the planet from brink of death.
    Convert stone ramps into asphalt ramps would be neat
    Train conductor Job/skill tree :)
    Scale skill gain to number of players on server. Less Players = more skills gained.
    Workbenches draw items from Nearby/Attached storage
    Fishing
    Trapping
    Criminal Scene Investigation - ECO !
    Make doors count as wall pieces in the calculations of a room so we can have double doors for carts
    Possibly move skill system to a use by category as oppose to a time related gain as time factor is less enjoyable

• Potentially keep food as a multiplyer bonus

Or an apprenticeship type system where you can only master 1-2 skills at a time through use of recipe and other skills are all time based (current system) making a mixed option

Recipies
    Tallow + corn seeds to make popcorn!
    More uses for dirt? Change the brick recipe to dirt + wheat + pitch?

QoL Improvements
    Connection Abort (while connecting)
    Ability to see who is connected (Admin) (Should be all players can see whos online)
    Ability to send in-game messages to connected players
    Skill Interface - different background colours
    Reverse cart controls when pushing.
    Dropping items anywhere on a window should move the item into that storage
    A "join friends" tab? For when servers won't show on one users listing.
    Dumping fuel items on crafting tables should automatically go to fuel tab.
    Have multiple tabs of a table open at same time/seperate windows for transfering between single table inv.
    Items dumped on Shop Tables should automatically go into shop inventory not private/public storage.
    Carts displayed on minimap
    Deed owner able to search listed users
    Connection history (list of servers I've joined recently)

Attributions: Idea Factory List.txt

Views

• This post is deleted!

• Came up on forum today with skills

• Possibly move skill system to a use by category as oppose to a time related gain as time factor is less enjoyable
      -Potentially keep food as a multiplyer bonus
    • Or an apprenticeship type system where you can only master 1-2 skills at a time through use of recipe and other skills are all time based ( current system) making a mixed option

• @Luckystrike2021 said:

Criminal Scene Investigation - ECO !
    Iron Lockpick
    Workbench: Anvil. Recipie: 1 iron ingot = 2 lockpicks. Purpose: Allow player to open a locked chest.
    Optional: allow access to private storage, 1 gold ingot + 1 iron ingot = 2 gold lockpicks.
    Iron Padlock
    Workbench: Anvil Recipie: 1 iron ingot = 2 padlocks. Purpose: A Strong Lock that breaks Iron Lockpick or requires 2 lockpicks to open a locked chest (and so on)

The lockpick idea supposed to be a joke, but well... could deliver some consequences to both the world and the players.

Besides
    I know we could have really tons of ideas, but imo we should pick 5 or 6 and present full explanation to the idea.
    For Example - Ladders

• This is gold! Thanks a ton. Lots of good ideas here.

• I'd like to add,
    -Fork lift is being able to load a chest onto a truck.
    -Road laying trucks
    -Oil drilling rig needed before the pumping jack. Worked on a Oil rig for a few years and have seen the impact it has on the environment and cost that drilling for oil/gas is. (I could go into depth on how to implement it in a fun way)
    -Power stations and power lines to supply towns with power.
    -Explosives for mining
    -Rubbish bins
    -Cars that can carry more then 1 person.

Not a fan of jetpacks for default game, but the rest is great.

• Another discord chat item

• beehives (. Bees?)
      Would generate honey based of environment, would be affected by air pollution
    • bee suit to go with beehive to allow you to gather honey
      -wildhives possibly affecting which trees you would harvest or leave standing

• @Dane of all these ideas I think garbage is my favorite maybe a recycling bin too

• I would love a recycle bin, but in addition that these would have to be emptied, and that you had some form of trash dump allocated on the map, with burners for paper or other burnable trash and a dumping spot for non burnable trash, that a "trashman" have to transport

• Oh and Boats/ships... once the worlds get bigger and turn into continents transporting good and people will be needed.

And drowning if you have too much weight on your player.

• More discord suggestions

Electrical conduits - moving electrical energy to where it is needed

Water piping - same as above but for water could be useful for farming

• 5.5 is still incoming and there's a lot of work being done on it, but I'll talk about what I can while my server generates a new world.

There are a lot of awesome ideas here. I'm just going to go down the list and try and mark down my thoughts on each one – it probably won’t get done that fast but I’ll get to each one eventually.

Info board

This sounds like an awesome idea - like a community bulletin.

Measuring Tape

Not exactly sure what this would be for. It’s possible we could add a tool to check the block distance between two points. It would be easy to implement, but would require a minor amount of art. I’d be curious if enough people would find something like this useful.

Minecart

While there used to be minecarts, we’ve moved towards the roads/woodcarts. There could be a place for something like this in the game, but I wouldn’t want it to replace what we currently have. There are continual improvements going into carts to make them more functional and less buggy, so hopefully stability will be less of an issue in the future (which is one reason why I think people want carts so badly).

Stockpile Storage

We have a pretty cool prototype/functional stockpile object that will soon replace the way players store block-type items. This will not make it into 5.5 due to complications regarding crafting, linked inventories, and other supporting features that would be needed to make sure they work correctly. Still, they ARE on the way.

More storage solutions

As I said above, we have stockpiles plus some ideas about linking inventories inside buildings and in certain areas. I don’t think it will be unlikely for there to be different types and sizes of storage later on.

• Ecoylent is not intended to replace every meal, but it can replace any meal

• TRAINS

• Measuring tape:
    Since I didn't bring up this idea in discord, but when I saw it, I thought for lumberjack.
    Because, when you have the log bonus, you tends to try and cut the tree into 1 logs for the increased log bonus outcome and you can't often tell where # amount of log is and you chop off too little, you delete the possible log.
    Maybe this is what the 'idea-bringer-up' meant?

• More Idea's

-Food going off so refrigeration to store food for longer.
    -No Map at start but can be crafted as a standard map with out tracking and as tech comes along you can have gps tracking so that the map works as it does now.
    -Radios/phone voice coms.

• <Measuring tape>
    I always make mistakes when im building big constructions...
    Creating construction with 18x18 foundation
    aaaaaannnnnnnndddd
    Its 19x18 damn... xD

• Im just wondering when they are going to add a health/stamina bar, along with the ability to drown from water and wild animals have the ability to attack the player and lets not forget the ability to sprint and the ability for the player to get sick and need medication to get better, oh and a bed so the player can rest from exhaustion

• @LIMIT really don't like the idea of adding health and stamina it's been talked about a bunch and I feel it would take the uniquness out of this game and make it another minecraft. Really should leave that for a finished product mod. This is meant to be the ecosystem survival not about players personal survival that can be left for the other 5 million survival games this is one of the things that makes this it's own game

• @Foolish_Crok something of that sort would be good for that maybe more like laying surveyor sticks to mark the area to build inside of could even go with the job part of paying someone to build in a location for you

• Transferring my thoughts over from Discord:
    Any thoughts of being able to create greenhouses in the future? The attributes warmth, moisture, temperature could be partially controlled by the type of material you build the greenhouse from. For instance, the easiest plant to grow, either fiddleheads or huckleberries could be built from say logs and you would need so many water barrels present to get the correct amount of moisture...that is until a sprinkler system is created let's say... Wheat and beets maybe out of lumber and camas bulbs from mortared stone. Maybe corn in brick and beans in concrete and finally fireshoots in steel.

One would need to depend heavily on fertilizer to get the correct mix in the soil. Also have us build planter boxes out of say lumber so the dirt that we add to that box has a zero value of minerals already in it. We would have to add everything it needed. So when you dig up dirt and put in a chest or cart or planter box it loses all values it had as far as minerals. I hope that makes sense lol.

I just know from talking to people that many of them want to be farmers and then sell to towns for the other materials they need and right now, (build 5.5 staging), it seems you have to be in a certain location in order to have any sucess with growing one particular crop. But then that location will not let you grow some of the other crops so one is very limited. In a true community based atmosphere the farmer should be able to supply the town with all produce needed not just one kind.

You could also have the Mayor get access to "town" marker flags. They will set up the spot the town will be and then have specialized buildings that will only go into the "town marked" area. For instance the Co-Op for the farmers, the restaurant for the cooks, stonemason shop, carpenter shop and so on. One would have to be specialized in the skill in order to reach the level to be able to build their shop in town. I don't have an idea of how many points that would be but make it so not everyone can do it. Ok I am done...thanks for listening.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!