Ability to buy/trade/rent harvesting allowances

• A lot of the laws I've seen thrown around are around the maximum one person is allowed harvest specific natural resources. However not all citizens will be working those natural resources, especially in a highly specialized society, yet others might be relying on those resources as their main income. So my suggestion is giving citizens the ability to sell/trade/rent their harvesting allowances, because it creates a win win win situation.
    For example let's take a lumberjack on a server with quite strict deforestation laws. With the ability to rent the logging rights from others he'll be able to gather more wood than normal, making it less likely he'll need a second profession or to log illegally to sustain himself. The wood will be gathered by someone with higher yields per log, meaning more wood than prior will hit the market. Yet it doesn't increase the maximum amount of trees chopped for wood, and the lumberjack will be the most invested one in keeping the trees around making him also the most likely to log responsibly(when he isn't squeezed by the laws).

Views

• Not a bad idea though i feel like this be more perfectly suited for a big sandbox MMORPG. Kind of sounds really fun just imagine big big world with this on it :) With the law system they are sort of half way there. Though each person owning their own area in this fashion would be much bigger land claims and I feel like the world would get very small very fast.

• I meant more like in the sense that if a world has the law to only allow you to cut down 2 birch trees per day, a lumberjack might be interested in buying those 2 trees per day from other citizens who don't use that allowance. To increase the amount of trees he can cut on any given day.

• @chaotix14 said:

I meant more like in the sense that if a world has the law to only allow you to cut down 2 birch trees per day, a lumberjack might be interested in buying those 2 trees per day from other citizens who don't use that allowance. To increase the amount of trees he can cut on any given day.

Ahh I get you now. That is not a bad idea at all. I feel that you have to renew it daily physically with the person though. It could be quite abusive having say bunch people who quit but you bought all their rights if you know what I mean but I like the idea :)

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!