There needs to be something letting players know what isn't in the game

• I'm kinda PO about the laser thing. There is no indication it actually isn't in the game. In fact, there is a bunch of indications that it is.
    To keep players from working towards things that aren't in the game, I highly suggest that there needs to be something in game saying something isn't in game or making the item or getting the skill is gray out. Some games use a gray out, and a Not Yet Implemented or NYI next to the thing.

Like some being are being messed over by the tailor table crashing their game. Before they know it, they have 15 tables, and some of them are invisible so they can't get rid of them. (this makes a room useless since many things has a limit on how much is shared in that room.

Views

• I understand your frustration, but I would guess most of these things are there as they where meant to work. As it's alpha they turned out to not work, and to remove it or great it out would take up time that could be spent solving the issues instead. But a place on the forums where these are listed is the least we can expect

• Yeah like the laser it's suppose to work as far as I know. I have a feeling if it was not implemented they would of not bothered adding recipe/tech for it yet. Bugs will be showing up sadly and sometimes really bad. Best we do is clearly explain the issue and report it so they can fix it.

Now a community ran lit of bugs/issues is fine if you feel like doing that but I'm sure github is the best location for reporting bugs :)

• So I smelted 80 gold ingots and keep refueling the genny to keep the factory working for nothing? wtf?? ...so laser doesn't work? so when the time comes for the meteor to hit.. there's no way to save the map??
    I'm pretty sure I've seen pics of a laser placed on the ground in game... or is it like those bs farming pics from june last year on their fb page.. come to find out 'it's in dev mode' cuz farming sure asf doesn't work now, and sure asf it didn't work last summer when those pics are from...

• @Surfer
    On github they said they fixed the laser not showing up when you put it down. I think we will have it by next update between now and 2 weeks.

But as you noted with how hard it is to just do some of these things. This is exactly why they need a NYI on things that don't work or not in the game. Like how hard is it to test if putting down a laser will work or not?
    And I know with how hard it is to get the laser, and what not. That causes rage quit.

• So.. it's an invisible laser players can't see but.. it's really there?
    Also Crua9.. I have found that a single induction generator of output of 1kw will power a factory... that demands 2.5kw.. maybe a topic of your next how to vid? :) I liked your powered cart vid; very instructional

• @Surfer said:

So.. it's an invisible laser players can't see but.. it's really there?
    Also Crua9.. I have found that a single induction generator of output of 1kw will power a factory... that demands 2.5kw.. maybe a topic of your next how to vid? :) I liked your powered cart vid; very instructional

No it's not there. It goes into the void.

I don't have a developer account simply because I'm not paying $400 to fix another persons project. So I'm not sure how it was fix, or what was wrong. But someone marked the bug as being fixed after it was reported on GitHub. So I'm taking it as we can place them after 5.5.

As far as the video. Thanks
    I'm trying to hold back on making more for a little while because places on Reddit think I'm spamming them out. Also I need to focus on my main channel, and into my coding channel.
    But I know there is a bug with the generator and the factory. A person that was on my server had 6 generators going, and the factory was still choking them.

• " Like how hard is it to test if putting down a laser will work or not?"

To be fair, if you apply this logic to all aspects there should never be any issues, cause why didn't they test that line of code before implementing it, why did they not try the consumption of generators before adding them, the list goes on.

I completely agree that we should have a list of functions broken, but the nature of this is that we, the users, assist with this, so the developers can focus on implementing fixes.

• @Astranoth
    Ya but from my understanding, you couldn't even get lasers before 5.4 (the current version). You should always test the new features.

Like they could literally jump into a game, then drop the laser and test to see if it works.

If things get bugged out over time, then I think everyone will understand. But some of these problems are just so easy to see if it's bug by jumping in and LOOKING at it. Kinda like how you can't make laws for half of the things unless if the user messes with the website code.
    Not to sound all and mighty, but they aren't paying us to test their game. We are paying them. So there could be a minimum of literally looking at and quickly playing with to see if something isn't working. And it wouldn't be too hard to let players know in game so they don't spend their combine efforts of weeks to make something like the laser. Yes this is an EA game, and people should know there is bugs. But a bugged cart is 100% different from something simply not being in the game.

Note just putting the item down, and seeing if it does it job only takes minutes. All I'm asking for is this minimum level of looking at something, giving it isn't in the game before. Then real quick putting next to the name NYI.
    Since I didn't get the developer version of this, I can't exactly tell you how they are naming things. But normally for something this big you would have the list of names on one given parts like the strings. That away you can have the code call for that string whenever the name needs to show up. This has a major benefit if you ever need to change the name, you're not checking 900 places.
    So where someone might think I'm asking for something that would take days. I'm asking for something that would literally take seconds to minutes.

So basically, they can see these items weren't in the game. Spawn the items in, put them down if needed, and if it's a table try to make something. Speed up the time, or just say good enough and spawn in the item it would make. Repeat. Oh this thing didn't work, so we will just mark that as not in the game yet so the update will still come out in time. Maybe even see if the bug bounty will help add that in the game.

I would think to test an entire new set of items it would take half an hour to an hour at most. Not days or weeks.

Keep in mind, I'm still here because I want this game to be successful.

• Well, after spending bout 5 hrs of feeding gas into a genny to power the factory, besides making the 80 gold ingots to make a laser.. Went to place it; poof it disappeared.
    Also can confirm beet sugar does not work to make yeast.. Milled 200 beat sugar, placed them in the kitchen to make yeast.. I see the number 200 in the 'Yeast' product.. and the 'order' box is green and it shows 200/... but when queuing up 200 yeast and hitting the order button; game comes back with "You do not have the items needed to create this order"

• @Crua9 said:

for a little while because places on Reddit think I'm spamming them out. Also I need to focus on my main channel, and into my coding channel.
    But I know there is a bug with the generator and the factory. A person that was on my server had 6 generators going, and the factory was still choking them.

Heh, fk reddit; besides let's plays from the likes of few utubers; your vids are to the point; boom, this is how this works, this is how that looks..

As for genny's. I found that my 1 induction gen powers a factory; it's how I built the laser
    Electric genny did not provide power to the factory, but it does power lamps and street lights. Had few things qued up in the factory; and only electric genny running and the factory wouldn't produce anything... since it showed 'supplied power' at 0

Combustion genny, that one just sits there, with few jerry cans of gas.. not powering either a factory or lamps/street lights..
    Also all 3 of those provide 1kw of power... factory requires 2.5kw but with only induction genny able to power the factory, it just takes longer to produce things

Also; just like biodiesel is made from tallow.. you'd think since it is "ECO' game, natural fuel would be working so ..burning it would create less or no pollution... nope; i made a bunch and it can't be placed in fuel slots that accept gas or petrol... seriously... at this rate this thing will be in EA for another 2 years and still not work

• The laser itself had a longstanding bug causing it to not appear. This should be fixed for 5.5.

The game is currently in a state where pushing large overhauls of the balance and gameplay is still possible and, in many cases, necessary. It's significantly easier to change and test the very early stages of the game and thus they're often that are the most up to date. I'm not trying to say that the power system and most of the late game tech shouldn't work better - it would be better if they were more balanced/functional/useful - but rather trying to point out where and why our focus has been where it is.

• Ecoylent is not intended to replace every meal, but it can replace any meal

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!