New Medical Class

• In this game seems there is no way to take damage. I believe there should be a danger element in the game besides the meteor. Being that the skill points are so important to the game I recommend that when you fall from high distance or in the water too long or even make some of the animals attack you. When this happens you take negative points in skill. This would open the opportunity for a Medical Class. The person putting points in medical could heal you and they could research within their class new ways to improve themselves and other people. They could learn vitamins pills that could temporarily enhance a number of different categories such as increasing the amount you can carry, slow down the rate you lose calories when working, and decrease damage you take just to name a few. Anyway just a thought. it would add a danger element to the game along with a new class to put points into.

Views

• @jnoble79 said:

In this game seems there is no way to take damage. I believe there should be a danger element in the game besides the meteor. Being that the skill points are so important to the game I recommend that when you fall from high distance or in the water too long or even make some of the animals attack you. When this happens you take negative points in skill. This would open the opportunity for a Medical Class. The person putting points in medical could heal you and they could research within their class new ways to improve themselves and other people. They could learn vitamins pills that could temporarily enhance a number of different categories such as increasing the amount you can carry, slow down the rate you lose calories when working, and decrease damage you take just to name a few. Anyway just a thought. it would add a danger element to the game along with a new class to put points into.

I like the idea of a medical person, but I don't like the idea of losing points. 2 things

1. This wouldn't work well towards the start
    2. This wouldn't work at all towards the later game. Once a person built and did everything they want or can. Then they don't give 2 craps about points.

Whatever happens, it needs to play super well in the late late game.

But I think you're onto something with having the medical person be able to help with your how much you can hold, lost in calories, and so on.
    It would be cool for a late thing if the medical person can give implants to people, and the medical person has to give them something every so often to keep it working. Maybe medical gel, and the person would also need to keep the battery charge by electricity.

• I didnt even think about implants. Thats a really cool ideal. I get what your saying about the points thing for early game. I just feel there needs to be a negative affect or penalty (what ever that may be) for falling from a cliff or being under water too long. But your right on with the late game the medical person could be very helpful in many areas that all other people could benefit from.

• @jnoble79

Ya one of the biggest things you have to keep in mind is the lifespan of the job. But one big reason why I would push for it is because it will be the only other job in game other than cooking that is useful all the way through the game.
    There needs to be more jobs that has a long lifespan. Like wood working, brick making, etc has a very very short lifespan, or becomes worthless after a while.

• I've been thinking about this as well.
    My thoughts would be that if you die from a fall or drown or the other 100 ways to die ( I hope ) in game, that you would lose all your current skill point's you have banked up - If they make a hardcore mode for the game I'd be happy to lose whatever is on my player at the time of death or it stay with the body where it died to be picked back up.

The Medical skill player is a great Idea and I think a health bar would be the best way to allow them to help heal people so that if they take damage the Medical player can heal them only so far depending on their skill... and it should be the only way that people can be fixed.

• @Dane said:

I've been thinking about this as well.
    My thoughts would be that if you die from a fall or drown or the other 100 ways to die ( I hope ) in game, that you would lose all your current skill point's you have banked up - If they make a hardcore mode for the game I'd be happy to lose whatever is on my player at the time of death or it stay with the body where it died to be picked back up.

The Medical skill player is a great Idea and I think a health bar would be the best way to allow them to help heal people so that if they take damage the Medical player can heal them only so far depending on their skill... and it should be the only way that people can be fixed.

You must not of had wagon problems. A few times I've seen and I dealt with wagons flying you up. I found a hole in the map and fallen in it. Then there is getting stuck.

What you're saying with losing all of your skill points, or messing with them in any way. This would easily cause people to rage quit from the game for good.
    Keep in mind, while you're OK with it. The company who makes this game is a company. There is already people rage quitting from some of the bugs or things like the laser not being in the game but nothing in game says it isn't.
    Even if it was stable, this would only work on a hardcore mode like you suggested.

I could see it working with if you fall then you get hungry, or something like that. But like I said, skills has to be off limits on this expect if you add it with mods or a hardcore mode.
    But even if this was in, I can see people not doing anything or stop playing because they are too afraid of losing all of their points.

Keep in mind, this doesn't work during the late game when there is nothing the person wants to put skills in. So the doctor would be useless during late game. Or even the entire game if everyone is super safe like I talked about above.

• Hardcore mode is for people who want to add fear into the game. And oh man I've seen the bugs I know the bugs I'm not saying add it in now while there are bugs that would piss people off, I'm saying let it be a option for people once the bugs are gone.

Skill points later in game if lost wont be the only thing they will miss if they are carrying loot on them or along way from home. The makes of the game can do as they please but know that there is a want for a hardcore mode that will test and keep manly man and ladies playing the game rather then running around a world where nothing is feared.

• Just a real quick blurb about this whole medical thing. I agree there should be way to take damage, especially fall damage. At the same time I like the idea of not being able to die. So here is what I think:

1. Fall damage could cause injuries that would prevent one from doing labor. (This would encourage pathfinding instead of jumping off cliffs)
      1. Healing could also mean increase calorie consumption and protein demands
      1. Spending too much time under water could mean you will not able to dive and lose some of your food from the stomach (%) with calories (emesis from swallowing water), vomiting depletes electrolytes fast, in game could use vitamins.
        Currently mining the depths is the most lucrative way to gather ores and sand, which isn't very realistic. Later there could be a way to craft diving suits
      1. There could be craftable elixirs from nausea and pain, splinting sprained limb could be a way to continue performing labor at double the calories.

• Why mess with skills at all, the injury idea is cool, but it would be much easier and more practical to just add health to humans lol, they already have hit points for animals

• @jnoble79 it would be nice if they add medical progress add damage to game or injurys along with vet services for animals latter on.

• @shadycharact3r said:

Why mess with skills at all, the injury idea is cool, but it would be much easier and more practical to just add health to humans lol, they already have hit points for animals

they already messed with skills done it many times and they will proably keep doing it, 5.5 change skill tree completely almost along with a overhaul on skill progressing.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!