EcoServer Crash

• Crash File as follows:

[32:45] Eco Server alpha 0.5.3
    [32:45] Server Initialization...
    [32:45] Initializing ModKitPlugin...
    [32:45] Compiling mods... Finished in 392,4ms
    [32:45] Mods recompiled with errors.
    [32:45] Error in at 0: Error generating Win32 resource: Access is denied. (CS1567)
    Error in at 0: Unable to delete temporary file 'c:\Program Files\EcoServer_0.5.3\CSC9D0325B47F0646D78D36F57B5BA5C43A.TMP' used for default Win32 resource -- The system cannot find the file specified. (CS1610)

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Exception: Error in at 0: Error generating Win32 resource: Access is denied. (CS1567)
    Error in at 0: Unable to delete temporary file 'c:\Program Files\EcoServer_0.5.3\CSC9D0325B47F0646D78D36F57B5BA5C43A.TMP' used for default Win32 resource -- The system cannot find the file specified. (CS1610)

at Eco.ModKit.RuntimeCompiler.HandleCompilerError(CompilerResults results)
    at Eco.ModKit.RuntimeCompiler.LoadOrCompileMods()
    at Eco.ModKit.ModKitPlugin.Initialize()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstanceT
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager.AddPluginT
    at Eco.Server.PluginManager..ctor()
    at Eco.Server.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Views

• Howdy! when are you getting this error ? on server startup? are you starting the server with administrator rights? it seems that its not getting access to a temp file that the server is using.

• Hi NoBlackThunder!

The error was occurring on server-startup. I was not running the file as administrator.

I solved it by running the file as administrator.

Thank you for replying! :)

• Regular user accounts do not have write access to the "Programs" folder.
    So when the game server tryes to write to that tmp file it errors out.
    If you do not want to run the game as admin or such try running it as a regular user in your documents folder or simular where you do have write permissions :)

• It's no problem for me to run as admin, but I'll keep that in mind, in case my brother wants to try it out :)

On another note, would running the server from one drive and the game from another increase performance? Sorry if this is common knowledge, I don't have a lot of experience with running servers like this :)

• Depends on what kind of harddrive you have.
    If you have two realy slow harddrive then yes i'd imagine so but if you got a fast harddrive or ssd i would not expect to see much preformance increases at all.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!