WebServerPlugin. . . (Program Stopped working)

• Unsure if anyone else has had this issue or not, but when I try to start the server by running "ServerWatcher" it get to a point where it says "Initializing WebServerPlugin. . ." then a windows box opens to tell me "Program Stopped working" which it then closes the server load and the server starts trying again to only get the same result.

Views

• nope thats new .. need more details though .. normaly it says web server did not start .. but a total crash is new .. can you copy the crash dump in here ? should be a text file somewhere

• --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    11/25/2015 10:06:26

Exception
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.ModKit.ModKitPlugin.Initialize()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstanceT
    at Eco.Server.Plugins.PluginManager.AddPluginT
    at Eco.Server.Plugins.PluginManager..ctor()
    at Eco.Server.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

Inner Exception
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.ModKit.ModKitPlugin.Initialize()
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Activator.CreateInstanceT
    at Eco.Server.Plugins.PluginManager.AddPluginT
    at Eco.Server.Plugins.PluginManager..ctor()
    at Eco.Server.MainClass.Main(String[] args)

--END DUMP--

• ok have seen that error in there .. give me 10 minuts or so to check out where and i get back to you

• 2015-11-25.png this is what it looks like

• can you try to reinstall .net 4 and 4.5 ? and see if that fixes the issue first?

• I tried that but I run windows 10 it just tells me i have a higher version already installed with the operating system

• ok what is full path to your server exe ?

• C:\Users\Rhett\Desktop\eco\eco server\Builds\Release\

• strange okey .. normal work around wont fix that .. so creating a new issue for this .. sorry you have issues but unfortunate that's how it is sometimes .. specially in alphas =(

• for dev Issue created https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/Eco/issues/400

also moving this to bug reports

• its cool I get it I'm just glad we found this issue now and not after final release. I don't mind being a guinea pig :P

• Thanks guys, working on this one.

• @NoBlackThunder

My server has been running fine for about 24 hours and now it too has broken.
    Whenever I try to start it up it crashes.
    Maybe it's a similar issue, maybe something else, so I thought, best to let you know.
    It seems to crash on the Creating World part, or at least that's the last thing I see it doing when it crashes.

The problem started when we restarted the server because blocks that we were breaking/placing weren't (dis)appearing.
    By logging out and back in, we could see the placed/removed blocks, but again didn't see a change when we tried to break/place new ones. Our inventory did get updated though. In the hopes of fixing the problem, we did a server restart and got this result.

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    11/26/2015 14:09:16

Exception
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Blocks.PlantBlock.Tick(IAwakener awakener)
    at Eco.Shared.Utils.ListExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumeration, Action1 action)
    at Eco.World.PersistentChunk.Tick()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass322.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__30() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__10(Object param0) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait() at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.PartitionerForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](Partitioner1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action1 simpleBody, Action2 bodyWithState, Action3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func5 bodyWithEverything, Func1 localInit, Action1 localFinally) at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action1 body, Action2 bodyWithState, Action3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func5 bodyWithEverything, Func1 localInit, Action1 localFinally) at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Action1 body) at Eco.World.WorldCore.Run() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Blocks.PlantBlock.Tick(IAwakener awakener) at Eco.Shared.Utils.ListExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumeration, Action1 action) at Eco.World.PersistentChunk.Tick() at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass322.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__30()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__10(Object param0)<---

Inner Exception
    System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Blocks.PlantBlock.Tick(IAwakener awakener)
    at Eco.Shared.Utils.ListExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumeration, Action1 action)
    at Eco.World.PersistentChunk.Tick()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass322.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__30() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__10(Object param0) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait() at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.PartitionerForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](Partitioner1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action1 simpleBody, Action2 bodyWithState, Action3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func5 bodyWithEverything, Func1 localInit, Action1 localFinally) at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[TSource,TLocal](IEnumerable1 source, ParallelOptions parallelOptions, Action1 body, Action2 bodyWithState, Action3 bodyWithStateAndIndex, Func4 bodyWithStateAndLocal, Func5 bodyWithEverything, Func1 localInit, Action1 localFinally) at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[TSource](IEnumerable1 source, Action1 body) at Eco.World.WorldCore.Run() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj) ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Eco.Simulation.Agents.Blocks.PlantBlock.Tick(IAwakener awakener) at Eco.Shared.Utils.ListExtensions.ForEach[T](IEnumerable1 enumeration, Action1 action) at Eco.World.PersistentChunk.Tick() at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass322.<PartitionerForEachWorker>b__30()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(Task childTask)
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c__DisplayClass11.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__10(Object param0)<---

--END DUMP--

• This hotfix looked like it fixed the problem, but it just made my server generate en entirely new world.

http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/227/server-hotfix-strongly-advised

• did nothing for my problem

• I did a rollback on my server to 4 hours ago. That did fix the problem. I guess we'll see.
    Don't want to apply the hotfix to my server yet though, that causes it to roll a new world.

• I cant do a roll back as i've never managed to get server to launch. Have had a mate hosting one on his machine and playing that way

• hotfix is to resolve progression issue.

@Ryve how far is your server getting before it crashed ? i am afraid and also suspect that maybe your world might have got a faulty save and you get therefore the crash. you can you backup you storage folder and then delete the content in in and restart it ?

• @NoBlackThunder The last thing I saw it do before it crashed during startup was Creating World.
    I'm afraid I cannot test anything though, since I have reverted to get the server working again.

• did you clear all files from the storage folder before generating a new world ?

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!