Mud Bricks

• in Egypt and around the world where there are no tree they made houses out of mud bricks

clay dirt with straw in it, dried by the sun, it be neat if they added this into game specially useful for servers that do not have a lot of trees or if you start in area that has no trees for a long ways off.

Views

• Someone in discord pointed out that bricks are made from fired earth, not from stone.

I think it would make more sense to make bricks out of Dirt and Plant Fibers instead of stone. It would give a use to these resources, and reduce the demand of stone (which is very high due to demand for Concrete).

That said, you can already use dirt to build part of your house, and trees aren't that scarce that we really need another building material at the start of the game.

• well yah that is why i said clay / dirt wiht straw u dry it in sun depends on server i ran into servers where they generated only 50 trees total sometimes all good spots for trees are claimed and you stuck out in desert and have no access to trees.

it would not be hard to do you just take the stone bricks that are in game copy them as a new item then rename them and make them brown and you have your clay bricks, sense stone bricks look nothing like stone that was used in houses anyway.

• Hey midn8t!

Well we do not have things like 'mud bricks' BUT you can perfectly dig a hole, make some sort of house from it (there are certain 'rules' you need to follow like door is max 2;1 and such - otherwise it doesn't count as a room/house) and start living in your dirt house - without even having to cut down one single tree. This also spares the ecosystem which you need to take care of - don't cut trees down randomly! I already did this twice and it works perfectly. Just find yourself a cliff and start digging! You do have to take care you have plenty of food so you're not exhausted of all the digging, haha. ;)

In this thread : http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/1223/house-design-pictures-what-does-your-house-look-like/10
    I have two posts; the first post is a started house inside the mountain, with wood on the outside just to make it visible. The second post probably has the best insight - especially the first picture. All do the restaurant is above the ground, all the rest is underneath the ground - my back door eventually is in the quarry we've build down there so. You absolutely don't need to cut down a tree AT ALL (only if the crafting table requires you to do so bcs you need a room constructed out of logs, that might be a problem do...)!

greetings

Freds00n

• @Freds00n

yah that is problem is that the workbenchs require it wood or higher or brick or higher like store require brick

just figure it be easy thing to implement sense textures are already there.

• @midn8t

Yep that's basically the only issue. But i guess once eco launches on steam, loads of mods will be added and we can expect to see customized requirements for tables and such - even new mats perhaps. Best example here are sand blocks (not the beach blocks): if you dig in the desert and you put down that specific block again, it becomes dirt instead of sand (even in your hand it's dirt already) which kind of doesn't make sense. It's the same for snow. So this could also be something they could work on one day - or add in a mod.

• @Freds00n said:

@midn8t

Yep that's basically the only issue. But i guess once eco launches on steam, loads of mods will be added and we can expect to see customized requirements for tables and such - even new mats perhaps. Best example here are sand blocks (not the beach blocks): if you dig in the desert and you put down that specific block again, it becomes dirt instead of sand (even in your hand it's dirt already) which kind of doesn't make sense. It's the same for snow. So this could also be something they could work on one day - or add in a mod.

that sounds more like a bug that should be reported

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!