Implementing Mathematics

• Hey all

I just want to share some ideas regarding how Eco could aid pupils understanding of maths. Pupils often ask a relevant question. "When will I ever use Maths?"

It is difficult to give real examples sometimes. This is were Eco could make a real difference.

For example allowing a player to carry out a investigation (environmental report) of a species could give information that can be later calculated. For instance a playe could estimate probably time of extinction. I'm guessing this is something the charts would cover but making it an action a player does would make it more subversive.

Just an idea of how this game could make a huge difference.

ArtisL

Views

• @ArtisL said:

I just want to share some ideas regarding how Eco could aid pupils understanding of maths. Pupils often ask a relevant question. "When will I ever use Maths?"

It is difficult to give real examples sometimes. This is were Eco could make a real difference.

For example allowing a player to carry out a investigation (environmental report) of a species could give information that can be later calculated. For instance a playe could estimate probably time of extinction. I'm guessing this is something the charts would cover but making it an action a player does would make it more subversive.

Just an idea of how this game could make a huge difference.

ArtisL

I've been already making various calculations about the local, in-game market and how value in items change throughout the server evolution (forces of supply/demand, value of skill gaining per phase, etc) and how inflation affects the market etc.

And this is before I even started to look at other stuff, such as pollution change etc, which as insignificant right now (due to limited number of players, thus little impact to the ecosystem).

So yeah, I agree that the game can put you into a place where you'll want to use maths / stat analysis in general.

• Oh that is great news. I hope we can analysis the data in different ways and levels of complexity. It would be amazing if this is accessible to all pupils understanding, levels and needs.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!