Alpha 5.2 Released
- New ChatUI
- Improvements to backwards compatibility. If you are migrating a server from 5.1 to 5.2, you may need to perform some surgery on your save file to get it working properly. View the guide below for how to migrate an older save!
- Optimized serialization startup time a bit more.
- Continued work on player avatars.
- Added render scale and foliage quality settings.
- Initial work on having mod-able avatar parts and clothing items
- The webmap now shows terrain colors
- Fix water flow and river carving, which should make them a bit more realistic.
- Fix numerous issues related to server unresponsiveness and server crashes
Migrating prior save files
If you have NOT been running a server using a hotfixed build (hotfixed builds commonly found on our Discord channel), you may need to perform some surgery to your game.eco file to have it migrate correctly.
- Locate the server save file. This is in Storage/game.eco.
- Make a backup copy of game.eco to a safe location.
- Rename game.eco to game.zip, or open in any zip tool
- If you have a file in the root called version, delete this file.
- If there already is a file named blocks, then you are already safe and your server should migrate without issue.
- You should see another file called schema. Extract this file.
- Rename the copied file from schema to blocks.
- Place blocks back into the game.zip file in the root. You should now have a bunch of folders and 2 identical files, schema and blocks.
- Rename game.zip back to game.eco, and run the new server.
Great job with an update. Server software seems more stable that is for sure - no crashes yet or dump files being created. Yet we still have same issues + more.
- Avatars blank
- Cart physics are gone
- Everyone is invisible
- Chat has exact same bug as it had before. Log off then log back in and chat will totally be broke. You need to restart the client itself to fix it.
Cant shoot the bow.
Mac client displays dirt now.
How can i download SLG server or do you have any server like in NA ? im on kortal server and i cant connect to SLG :(
Can't shoot bow either! Other tools can be used when nearby proper resource to mine, cut,... Probably the main reason why bow isn't shooting -> can't shoot 'resource' from a distance.
For our Server with Alpha 5.1 ( updated it some days before from 5.0 to 5.1 without problems ) the "Migrating prior save files" methode is not working. I just test it 10 minutes before and the server crashes constantly on starting and then starts again.
Attached i have one of the dmp files: Crash 01043247.ecodmp
Server crashed too
Please email me (email@example.com) your game.eco file if you are having migration problems.