Idea deal with players abandoning servers left over buildings and zones

• so there is a major issue on all servers where people come build something claim area and then never play again or just squatting area so other people cant use it and then quitting,.

I think a feature where if someone abandons game leaves game for x amount of real time days that could be option controlled by server admin in tool set.

when x amount of days pass and player doses not come back then the deed disappears zones return to public, and builds start be reclaimed by nature.

the builds could disappear off mini map and they turn into ruins that any player who finds them could loot for parts or stuff even research.

it would add a game play feature of exploration to game and it would take out annoying player buildings and claims of people who never show up agin.

Views

• Great idea! There are too many starting huts that just get abandoned on popular public servers.

• This post is deleted!

• @Nes said:

Great idea! There are too many starting huts that just get abandoned on popular public servers.

me and some friends where talking about ideas and we came up with this idea anyways i think something needs happen in way to deal with it in a game friendly manner i think.

• Great idea, should be bumped up!

• I'd like property to be government controlled, so setting the rules for this kind of thing can actually be part of the game.

Current solution I like is allowing a property tax to be set, and any property owners that don't pay get their property repossessed by the government.

Something simple in the meantime like what's described here is also good.

• @JohnK said:

I'd like property to be government controlled, so setting the rules for this kind of thing can actually be part of the game.

Current solution I like is allowing a property tax to be set, and any property owners that don't pay get their property repossessed by the government.

Something simple in the meantime like what's described here is also good.

government is okay but some of us on our servers do not setup government control on things, and then government stuff doesn't take effect till you able to research that stuff then also so rest of us would be left in lurch.

something needs to happen with whipping accounts whit unused players...

our server setup for 10 total players there 6 of us who play constant and people come in and out what well happen is the server thinks now there 10 players total so no new ones can come in it seems and we can remove the old accounts.

only thing left would be i guess in cress amount of players allowed on server - a in game friendly way to deal with this that does not require a lot of research to unlock would be nice.

currently we on our server will never allow property taxes on our server sale tax maybe but no property tax.

but how ever it is handle has to work for all game play styles not just heavy handed government types.

unless of course we had different types of governments in game that players could setup early on to latter on unlocking with research maybe, like dictatorships, monarchs - demarcate monarchs, true democracy with no leaders - republic style government like in the usa where more land you have more votes you get.

then we could also setup type of currency systems we want free trade vs capitalism vs communism.

that could be kind of interesting and it allow for early government setups

which be a nice trick and probably in cress add bunch of work for strange loop :) lol

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!