Sale?

• Has Eco, or will Eco, ever go on sale on steam or on the website in general?
    The winter sale for steam is upcoming and I wanted to know if Eco would be on sale as well. I would love to get the game along with a few other of my friends but with it being 40$ each or 120$ for the four of us there are several other games we find cheaper to get.
    Any help would be amazing!

Views

• I only assume that it will not be avaiable in the steam sale, since it just reached alpha 5 a few days ago, and i alos assume that they will put it on steam within the next version that will be like start of beta phase.

But all in all the game is totally worth it´s money and much more porgessed than any full released title for 50 bucks and more

• I really hope that you have played some semi decent games because Just Cause 2 and GTA V are both what I can tell are both very more developed and even the game ASTRONEER a game that came out about the same time has more content, the AAA games are expected but ASRONEER is also a kick started indie game and has gained as much popularity as this and is even more developed for about half the price, so at the current state I might buy the game for about half the price, as of todays date not a game that has $40 GOOD solid non buggy content so I will wait until the game is either fully released or the price has gone down.

• The idea behind the 40$ right now is to have Eco sort of limited. The main idea is that hopefully most people who buy eco right now with the high price are staying active and help us with there feedback and bug report to improve the game. And have less people buying it .. seeing how buggy it is and never touch it again. Elite Dangerous did something similar with there alpha .. though the big difference was that ED costed like 200£ for one alpha key ;)

• But yes the idea is to drop the price later

• @Stardrifter21 So in other words you'd rather the game be already done before purchase. Neat idea...begs the question Why are you in an Alpha test forum??

• I fully support this idea. I strongly believe this game is going to be huge. I'm a teacher in a school in the UK. I currently run Minecraft servers for the pupils so they can interact in a safe way. The scope having servers for the pupils is huge. They really respond well to implementing games into their education plans. As an educator I feel strongly that we are missing out on a big thing with games and education. Most games just don't consider the benefit they can have.

I have zero issue with paying more to help this game develop. My only wish is that it is released to steam EA only when it as lots of features and less buggy. Please do not rush this into EA. The potential is very real.

Also I know for sure that schools in the UK will pay for more than the $500 asking price for 100 keys :) Just a heads up.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!