Alpha 5 can not harvest these things any more needed for research

• cant harvest this stuff the E key nore the harvest tool works on them any more
    the re source seems to be immune can not be killed - it is also really hard to target stuff now seem target everything but what you want to target a cross hair raise quality of life because constantly fighting with the aiming thing is really annoying specially as more things in game world are starting to get grab able and things getting clustered in close areas.

20161203162645_1.jpg

Views

• you need a shovel for those in alpha 5.

• that seems silly in real life I remove bulbs just by pulling them out of the ground.

there getting pretty hardcore with some of this stuff for a game that allows players to jump off of 900 foot cliffs or live underwater and gives you skills for no reason at all.. lol

if any one missed point it is why make things overly re-donkless for some type of realism if game is overly silly with how casual it is on things that really matter. ?

• @midn8t Don't forget this game is aimed at teaching children about how an ecosystem works, or how things can affect an ecosystem, therefore realism is a goal. Have you ever tried to remove a burdock bulb without a shovel? good luck with that ;) I would hope in the future (when out of alpha phases and such) they will implement fall damage/breath for under water.

• ehh but thats not a burdock blub it is a flower and I do not use a shovel to dig up a blub also thrones are not big deal with plants you use thick gloves its just like working with barb wire - farmers do it all time or at least I do and my grand pa never worryed about thrones or barbs getting poked and scartched and cut is just part of every day life for us.

they should concentrate on making this a really fun and addicting that teachs adults and kids a point, if they make a really kick as learning tool but its not addicting or fun what good is it if no one wants to play it or enjoys it.

if its a really good game first and teachs a great lesson you can always add on to that with expansions and DLC if its just a software tool then that will probably not happen because only market be in school systems not where masses of money are which is kids and parents them self and school systems will have hard time funding this specially around WI where i am due to all the budget cuts from the state.

I mean schools around here are no longer even buying computer systems for the schools due to budget cuts. there removing the computers and replacing them with ipads and in local schools in area are even cutting out writing classes.. because moneys not there and school board as i quote computers are not future mobile devices are they even cut out the typing classes.

I am not sure how education and technology is in other states or in other country but WI I went for a job work at Milton school dis in WI it was server admin/ help desk, so I asked what job would need me to do they just removed all there servers, they removed all there computer systems what job required was someone to help support apple Ipads all servers are cloud and only for the ipad software. the school dis around here are under contract to only buy and have apple products mobile products.

so i honestly hope they put game aspects first and the learning lessons second and sticks to one main goal to teach and accomplish so that game brings in the masses for sales and focus maybe on private school and home learning. which means it really needs to be fun and challenging first

• Its Camas, which I have not grown personally but its supposed to be similar to that of a potato, which is why you would dig them up in this case.

• Camas is a flower if you pick it like a tulip bulb you would not use a large shovel because you smash up most of the bulbs they also be really hard to fine you want to do it by hand.

they mostly like to grow around water in real life sticking to mostly wet lands, they are only 3 or 4 inches deep in ground

easiest way to deal with potatoes is with trowel on hands and knees cuz even if you use a two hand shovel you cant get them full out of the ground.

you got pull them out by hand pretty much the people sometimes use shovel to break soil up so that they can get in there with there hands you can also use a Spade/Hoe for this breaking of soil, if where going get picky I would say that what should be done is that they just add bunch farming tools and put them under agricultural

realism ? I mean honestly sometimes I just do not get logic in this game somethings seem to try push hardcore game play mechanics and other things are so relaxed its not even funny like Dragonshifty said hopefully they add sometype health system and air system to the game so that things like fall damage can happen, injury's, and keep us form breathing underwater.

• We can switch it to 'E' just like beets in that case, it just seemed wrong to have it be scythed.

• @Metachronism said:

We can switch it to 'E' just like beets in that case, it just seemed wrong to have it be scythed.

I am all for using tool on things, I just think that perhaps where tools are should be rethought..

like i said agricultural has farming tools

mining has Mining tools

Forestry has Forestry things

or maybe have skills and knowledge not tied to tools at all.

if system was more of a passive system with skills every one could do everything and you would just improve over time by doing things which give people access to tools that they need as they need it with out having to wait half day to unlock a tool.

I guess that is what irritating about way tools are right now there locked behind skills and you have to sometimes wait for days to be able to use one even thought you have knowledge where you should be able to do it. it the whole waiting for skills is when its something you need for a different profession is just bothersome.

so for example this would not take this long but in latter on in game this happens more often.

I am doing farming i have bunch skills in it but now i cant farm because i need shovel to unlock shovel I need to wait for hour . but i only have so much time to play game so ill just log off and play again tomorrow or ill just log off for a week wait till i have 100 skill points then log on and spend them as i need it.

its not really fun and it ends up hampering the game play specially with tools locked away behind the skills.

maybe put all the tools behind a crafting skill of some type like wood working.

heres anther example

so I am testing with my own server game play little, I start up the server log in and first thing i do now

stick point into chopping trees, stick point in for the shovel stick point for pix axe then i spend all my points then i clear my area build a house and then i sit around jercking while i wait for anther point to build a unlock wood craft table then what do i do eat bunch stuff and logg off for next hour or so while i wait for points.

rather be playing game but I can not really do anything got get two points for research table then after that i can do little something then i need more points so i log off and wait. it is a waiting game and its really bad if you need tools scattered all around skill tree.

the skill system should take on a more fuild system where it rewards game play and allows you to keep playing if you want to, when i or a kid sits down they should be able to play it none stop no waiting should be able to do anything you want just like in real life. - you may not be good at it but you should be able to do it and game be way more fun with that type of system do what you want how you want you may not be good at it but you can at least do it and get better at it.

then people who are better at it could create books to artificial incress peoples skills at doing those things.

• @midn8t I agree, I think everything should be doable with no skill, but considerably more efficiently or more effectively with them. That way, you can and should have players specialize, but you don't have to sit around and wait for a bar to fill up.

We might move tools earlier in the tech tree, or grant them all instantly but provide the ability to create improved tools later. Tons of stuff to try.

• @Metachronism said:

@midn8t I agree, I think everything should be doable with no skill, but considerably more efficiently or more effectively with them. That way, you can and should have players specialize, but you don't have to sit around and wait for a bar to fill up.

We might move tools earlier in the tech tree, or grant them all instantly but provide the ability to create improved tools later. Tons of stuff to try.

I really honestly think this if its done well and is done in way that is fun and keeps people playing that it could be huge success maybe even more so then mine craft.

I have friend and his soon and wife there huge mine craft nerds...
    my friend shown interest in this game so has few of my other friends who play other sandbox survival games. early access keeps them out right now but I know what turns my friend off if a game mechanic is more of a hamper for him and gets in away of him doing things or if he and his kids same way if something is overly thought out and complex where it just seems more annoying then helpfully it kills game for him.

its fine balancing act but I honestly think this game could be successful as a real game / game more so then a learning tool but hay if we all learn something then that is cool.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!