Different Economy Types

• Hi guys, I'm very interested in using ECO in a comparative economic systems class I plan to take over in the future. What I'd like to ask, will there (are there) different ways to distribute the capital needed to do the work in game? For example, I may want to randomize people so they begin with different socio-economic positions. Just because someone learns a skill, I don't want them to automatically get the capital needed to use the skill (Like an axe, a shovel, etc.) in order to simulate things like indentured servitude, a feudalistic society, etc.

Thanks.

Views

• Theres nothing like that built in, but if you know a bit of coding (or are willing to learn) all of what you describe is easily moddable with the current game.

• Great thoughts! That would be really interesting to mod the game to simulate a medieval society. "Peasants" could be set to only receive the farming or gathering tools, but be unable to create/receive work tables, even if they can use them. The "nobility" could have access to the hunting tools, civic and work tables; but may choose to limit access to the "peasants".
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if peasants were able to learn the skills but could only use their skills by accessing the nobility's more advanced technology...
    Would love to hear more about this and possibly help implement a mod for it in the future. I have an interest in simulating economic disparities in a game, and ECO might be just the place to do that.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!