Alpha 5, prerelease 3 bugs and feedback

• Will edit as bugs are found. Feel free to reply to this thread to add more feedback/bugs and help make reported bugs more accurate.

UNCONFIRMED BUGS

Property claims can be "forgotten" by the server. I'm not sure how or when this happened, but last night I had claimed some property and tonight I have no land claimed, but the deed item still exists - it just points to nothing. I know the server has crashed/restarted since last night, so it could be the data is lost during a crash.

Sometimes when gathering, the plants do not disappear, but the items are still added to your inventory.

When underground, should a block be placed on your head, you'll automatically teleport to the surface.

@midn8t "also issue with deed markers and research who ever gets on the server first and does all research the quickest gets all markers, every one else who then joins server automatically gets skills unlocked so they can not read the books to get markers them selfs." - This hasn't been an issue on my server AFAICT, confirmation from others would be helpful.

Fastest (graphic settings) still doesn't save, but the resolution does now in the launcher.

Placing a workbench will place the bench, but not use the item in inventory. However, when attempting to place the "used" bench item to another inventory, item simply disappears.

When using the workbench, if I have 10 dirt in my inventory and set an order for 10 peat roof (using all 10 dirt) I receive an error message stating I don't have all the necessary materials. I can however, create 10 individual orders for 1 peat roof each.

CONFIRMED BUGS

MAJOR BUGS
    This: http://i.imgur.com/Tih8hsu.jpg (occurred after getting kicked trying to place a store).

Chests are no longer private and cannot be locked. They can be accessed by anyone regardless of owner permissions. This in itself isn't a problem as it gives players a reason to make, use and lock doors. The problem is that chests can still be accessed through walls. Chests need to be buried underground and/or away from external walls in order to be secure.

Placing a store will kick you from the server: "Caught exception: Constructor on type Eco.Gameplay.Components.PrivateStorageComponent not found." The store is not placed.

Birch trees drop cedar seeds.

Work tables (workbenches and research tables so far) can be accessed despite not being in a room. I actually like I can access their inventories at any time, but the restriction when it comes to work orders should probably work.

Wood stairs currently cost nothing to build.

Pending work orders cannot be cancelled.

If a connection to a server should fail, the message can be cleared, but the server list will not reappear. This can only be fixed with a client restart.

Time seems to be stuck at 8am.

Sound and music volume seem to enjoy setting themselves to zero.

MINOR BUGS
    Description for arrows in the workbench reads "Use with the bow to hunt for food (or amaze your friends by shooting arrows off of their heads)." Grammar error: Should read "...shooting arrows off their heads".

In the skills window, upper tab, the list of cards detailing different skill trees should display the number of levels you've invested into each tree. Currently, they all register zero, regardless of actual skill level. Edit: It seems these figures only update after client reconnect/server restart.

FEEDBACK

I miss the music from alpha 4. Any chance on getting that track added to the game's jukebox again?

Property claim flags still do not offer any visual clue where they have been placed within the game world. Adding something to confirm their placement would be really, really useful.

When right-clicking on a campfire (or fuel-consuming craft object) with wood/fuel in hand, please make the fuel automagically transfer to the power tab, rather than the inventory tab.

Views

• This post is deleted!

• atleast they kinda fixed a bit of the memory leaks server and client side..

• fastest (graphic settings) still doesn't save, but the resolution does now in the launcher.

• Added to the list.

• The first thing I did in-game was to turn the music down, however this turned all sound off. Going back into the ESC menu showed both sound sliders at zero. I was able to change them, but still everything went back to zero after returning to the game. Restarting the game seemed to correct the issue. [edit, add restart comment]
    • All material types sitting in your shovel look like sand (except for dirt which looks like dirt). I dimly recall that alpha 4 had a different graphic for each shovel-held material. [edit 2, add this bug]

• My sound sliders behave in a similar fashion, except I'm actually able to coax sound out of it after a few client restarts. Could it be using other sound-emitting programs running when starting Eco prevents it from enabling sound? My output_log has plenty of audio errors.

• @Blubbll client side is still really bad, I need to figure it out. You can reduce view distance to alleviate it considerably.

• There seems to be a huge unbalance in the plant life as well. 4xxx of one plant and 80ish of another.

• Getting serverside arrayindex outofbounds errors, same as StorageSystem not found or stuff. This wasn't the case before.

• When do those errors occur?

• Bugs Screen shoot one shows mini map not working for player updates land marks deed zones, player icon so forth everything else is fine

screen shoot two you can still live underwater lol.
    Alpha 5 version 3

there also two more bugs if you go underground into cave that u make and bring rock on your head it will teleport you to the surface.

makes underground mining really quick to get stuff into your house.

also issue with deed markers and research who ever gets on the server first and does all research the quickest gets all markers, every one else who then joins server automatically gets skills unlocked so they can not read the books to get markers them selfs.

anther issue with server and with client, running a public and a private server

Time bug where time stops at about 8 am on server time stops progressing - have to reset time scale in server side.

Deed bug land claims go missing deeds become worthless

20161103123551_1.jpg 20161103123606_1.jpg

added

darkness is way way to bright it makes the in game candles and lighting stuff point less.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/204179658729336438/F860BEE50EFB276A218FDADF5AFC4CAF8641B71E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D*%2C*|2048%3A1152&background-color=black

• In terms of Alpha 5 bugs, I have found my Options Menu is not saving the Sound Options. Both Music / VFX sliders go back to 0 every time i select them, hear the sound then close the options menu. It seems to work if I just select sound sliders first, if I put graphics to make and tweak other settings they will save, but sound will reset itself every time. =/

In terms of the mini-map, the bug I noticed there is the player icon tracker sprite being constantly repeated as they move, and it doesn't rotate with the planet it seems; when multiple players online.

• I've notice the minimap is bugged out, keeps 'tracking' other players but not deleting their previous position creating More dots ;) ALSO when placing logs/roof pieces if not careful you can place them on your block and you get stuck there until a friend can log on and come break you out.

• @Dragonshifty said:

I've notice the minimap is bugged out, keeps 'tracking' other players but not deleting their previous position creating More dots ;) ALSO when placing logs/roof pieces if not careful you can place them on your block and you get stuck there until a friend can log on and come break you out.

try typing /unstuck into chat! your welcome!

• This post is deleted!

• @pan7s said:

@Dragonshifty said:

I've notice the minimap is bugged out, keeps 'tracking' other players but not deleting their previous position creating More dots ;) ALSO when placing logs/roof pieces if not careful you can place them on your block and you get stuck there until a friend can log on and come break you out.

try typing /unstuck into chat! your welcome!

Thanks that did help a couple times, although one point i was standing on a workbench or carpenter table and i place a block in my face, /unstuck didn't work that time, I tried it like 8 times before my friend came over and broke the block i was stuck on. I'm just trying to report bugs and such I'm sure the finished game isn't going to just have a /unstuck command to cover everything :D

• @Dragonshifty Should work everytime it teleports you to the top most block. i use it very often and never had it fail. maybe typed it wrong? but yes its just a very obvious bug you get stuck so obvious they have an /unstuck command so i did not realize you were trying to report a bug and thought you just needed help. also eco is a non pvp and non competitive game. i dont know for sure but there is no reason the unstuck command cant be around forever. it may not be but you never know :P

• @pan7s hm there was a Kickstarter goal achieved for PvP, the justice system thingie https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1037798999/eco-global-survival-game/posts/1341286

Shouldn't be much impactful with the pvp if the player just settles in the air, a small cooldown deals with it.

• @MaxBacon Oh yeah. i mean i wouldnt really call that pvp. its not like you are fighting or can damage players or ruin their fun. it just to punish someone for breaking the law. not sure how it would be incorporated. if they made the unstuck command go away though what happens if someone builds a room around you with no door on a plot of land you can not work on? stuck for life! haha

• @pan7s overall stuff like Ark Survival Evolved, reason why they spawn players mid-air, so does Life is Feudal hehe. Getting stuck is common so LIF also has the command, it has a timer and can't be used if you were/are being attacked because of a casting time.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!