please help with game login

• I can login on the website but in game it say invalid username or password

• help 21
    Views

• @Zekkiyou I had this problem when I didn't have a legal version of the game ;)
    As soon as I bought it I could log in no probs.

• @andreasb86 oi oi oi oi did you pirate the game ... well good you supported Eco in the end ;)

• @NoBlackThunder Of course I did. I never(never say never) buy a game without having tried it first..
    Aint gonna happen for the most time.

edit: That being said I end up buying most of the games.

• yeah i have a pirate game, but i cant affort 40 dolars in my country just for an alpha game, also if i dont know if ill like it, but I'm sure there must be multiple players and multiple servers also like me. how people will try the game if they have to affort and expensive game and it isnt finish. I like the game and I would like to continue playing it, but if I cant, good as it is.

• Zekkiyou... Piracy cant be allowed here... sorry but 40$ is because this is supposed to be a exclusive alpha for people who want to support development and help with it. The price on release will most likely go down or already when it goes into beta. Also we cant allow piracy here to be honest ether. The developers need money to support developing games. That said . you cant really expect us helping you with issues that is caused by piracy... i am not sure right now what i will do about this post so i have to think a bit about it.

• BWAHAHA omg classic

• This is quite funny :)

• Well anyway the reason for you not be able to log in is because that pircay loophole got fixet .. so you wont be able to get online anymore without buying or getting the game gifted

So for anyone else having a pirated copy .. sorry you need to buy it and support it or wait until the price goes down

• Eh, no offence but I really don't understand why would people even try to get help on the official (e.g. developer's) forum if they're admitting they are using a pirated copy of the game. :/
    But yes, at this point waiting for the official release and the price to go down would be the best option in this case. Good luck.

Dev Tier backer and secretly looking at NoBlackThunder as my senpai. - ssssh! It's a secret.

• well as
    @andreasb86 said:

@NoBlackThunder Of course I did. I never(never say never) buy a game without having tried it first..
    Aint gonna happen for the most time.

edit: That being said I end up buying most of the games.

there is allways piracy on any game.

but as you all say see you till i can affort this game. I liked while it lasted

see you

• We'll be here :) Until next time.

Dev Tier backer and secretly looking at NoBlackThunder as my senpai. - ssssh! It's a secret.

• @Nertomaros Please forgive me for attempting to try out the game before buying it, but I find that method easier than dealing with the refund stuff. I did end up buying it though, hehe.

That being said I totally agree with you, which is why I never came here to ask for support, and just bought the game instead.
    I have to admit I think the prices are a bit high for an alpha, also I dislike the fact that you (potentially) deny me to ability to buy more than 4 copies. What if I wanted 10?

I think the way it's done should maybe be changed so that after getting 4 copies I can still purchase copies of the game.
    Only way right would be to make a 2nd account and waste $40 since first copy would be locked to the account.

Imho the price should go up after an alpha, not down. This means you are "robbing" backers, and rewarding those who wait.

Andreas

• quick comment on that with just 4 copies.. its an know issue they are looking at .. its not intended to say no users that want more than 4 copies .. i know about a very few cases where people wanted more than 4 copies .

• @andreasb86 I do understand you, I'm not saying I've never downloaded a game but I, as you said, bought all the games at some point and stopped downloading completely when I was 18 or so.. The problem is that on average most don't actually buy it in the end unless there's content that they can't reach at all without having a legit copy. Plus I'm studying as a game designer and trying to make a living out of it so it wouldn't be very smart of me to download illegal copies of other games :P

Yeah. It's always been tricky with pre-release games.. On one side you're paying to access a work in progress and, hopefully, help for free in polishing the game. On the other hand, since you're supporting, it's more likely that you'll pay more money for that same reason as devs might struggle with cash. But at the same time a lower price while still in development might help to sell more copies and get more people to try it out and give feedback. thought a fair split will just keep their copies on a shelf waiting for the game to be finished.

But all of that doesn't actually matter since it has now become a common practice, and I'm not talking about Eco but the market itself. "Pre-order to get this extra icon, get a season pass as we know there will be 4 DLC you'll have to pay for". "buy ealy access to have the 'privilage' of getting the game before others" when it's normally a paid job (QA testers).

Well.. I've went off track there. Sorry for the OT but I felt like saying those couple of things :P back to my dark cave

• Every opinion is welcome here (as long as everyone stay's respectful and / or breaks any laws by linking to pirate thinks on the forums)

=)

There is a good reason for the high price and why eco is doing thinks differently .. for now the reason for the 40 $ is because the alpha is supposed to be exclusive. meaning that it most likely will drop later when it goes into beta / release version.

On top of that the idea about making it more expansive is because :

1. Higher price means hopefully less people buying it now finding out that its to early and never touching it again.
    2. Get mainly people that invest more time in it and giving feedback ( i guess your view might apply here @Nertomaros , though its not about milking the most out of players as possible )
    3. Compensating a bit for the lower numbers of people buying it.

(dont take my word though for this the way i got this explained its a bit hard to understand maybe and i have trouble explaining thinks like this very well)

Eco is doing allot of thinks differently .. like having the dev tier where you can get access to the source code and help even out with coding and creating the game (The team is pretty small and there is always a time limit on how long you can work on a game with a given amount of money so having the community help on some more simpler task to make the game even better is pretty cool) If you look at the backup system between alpha 4 and 5 you can see that you can now have multiple backups that i helped implement because i feel this was a very nice feature to have this early (since you can still can get corrupted worlds from time to time .. it helps at least a bit) you cant of course not give the source out for free since that would make it easier to make a pirate version for everyone ( therefore the high price on that tier) but you can actually earn money if you implement several larger community task or get more free game copies for helping out like this. (ref: https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoBugBounties ). I honestly don't know a single game that allows this and its a pretty cool idea.

Personally i think the whole way this gets handled and how its done is a pretty cool idea =)

And now lets talk a bit about piracy ... most users have pirated something at some point in there life .. like a single song , or a movie or even a tv show .. some people pirate pc games. The Issue is that developers and content creators need money to create more content / games. We cant therefore allow piracy here. its not cheap making a game and i hope that even if some of you pirated the game i hope you buy it later if you like it at least and support this game and the developers.

• @NoBlackThunder about point 2, ish.. I wasn't referring to Eco for sure for those aspects, or I wouldn't be here in the first place. :P
    And I would've definitely avoided buying the Dev Tier if I thought so.

I double Black's last statement, we'll be here and hopefully Zekkiyou and others like you will be able to join us at some point when they have the chance.

help 21
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!