The Aussie 24/7 Server Admin.
Hi guys sorry for the wait!
We have just released our first experimental build! Ver 1.a!
This is experimental so its expected to break!
Here is a list of currently available features on the current build version!
- Server Restarts - Set the time you want the servers to restart! This works off the current pcs time!
- Profiles - save your server details to the app so when you open the app it returns to where you left off!
- Run On Load - if for what ever reason the program shuts down or closes this will restart your server as soon as you open the app!
- Instant Restart - restart your server then and now still using our safe shut down feature
- Exit - saves the current server state and program state and safely closes the program down
- Webserver port & API key - used to directly connect to your servers via a web page - This requires html/css/MySQL database knowledge
- Mod Intergration - Will download and install mods for you! This is a work in progress and more mods will be available for download as support for them is added!
This is not a final build or final version, it shall be known to break, the current website may be a work in progress and may also not have working features
This software is not currently compatible with Linux or MacOSX
Hey guys! we are working on an experimental build to release this week!
This is fully experimental and is not a final product! ~ this is for people to get an idea on the program and a feel for how it works! the current system setup and ui will be different in the release of the first official version!
Please pay no heed to the ecolaunch link above as its incorrect due to changes in the address!
Thanks heaps guys! we are hoping to have the first build out this week!
Hiii there! if you haven't gotten this problem solved i may have a solution for you!
firstly, i hope you have a backup of the world! because once you get this error the world is no good!
second! this is due to incompatible mods with server version, if you run CTK (ClayC's ToolKit) this will be due to using a pre 7.4.4 released ctk version,
here's how to fix it!
with your backup completely update everything to 7.4.5 and then download ClayC's latest toolkit update! which is for 7.4.4 but works fine with 7.4.5! if the problem is still not resolved it may be due to another mod, but we had alot of people with this issue and it has soon been fixed due to the newest updates!
Hey guys! Me and my team have been working on a program to help maintain eco servers for people running the servers from VPS hosting or from their own computers! this program will not work with ping perfect or other dedicated server hosting services,
The current abilities this software can perform are limited but we have massive plans for progression!
This is a free software and there will be no purchasable content at this time, we are working on a place for this to be downloaded from safely,
Current Abilities this software contains,
- Web Integration - You can connect this with a web page and allow others to restart the servers if you are not about! this feature also has Steam login ability for a more secure way! - this is an advanced level feature!
- Maintains a Server that has crashed - if your server crashes for whatever reason it will reboot the server, if it crashes to many times in a row it will stop the server from starting until the problem is fixed
- Scheduled restarts! - You can set times for the servers to restart, as many as you want, each input is by time frame, more will be included in the download!
- Multiple instances can be ran - have more then one server? its fine! you can run this program to manage them all!
- Safe Server Shut down! - the Eco Server Console has input abilities, if you input "exit" onto the console it will safely save the world and then shut down the servers! this program runs its own console for the Eco server and will maintain safe server shutdowns on each restart as well as when you close down the server! this has helped minimise rollbacks all the way down to 1 minute maximum rollback time!
there are a few features on this software that will be noticed which are currently not active but are in the process of!
- Discord integration! - using a discord bot to restart the servers by authorised person.
- SteamCMD - This section is used to download server updates and update the servers!
these features are a work in progress and there is no given times on when they will be available!
More information will be available on our website! Also a work in progress! https://www.theaussie247.com/eco-launch
As soon as it is ready for download i will post another comment on this post!
You Can also post issues and suggestions in relation to it, here: https://github.com/Aussie247/EcoLaunchIssues
Thanks! The Aussie 24/7 Team.
With help from NoBlackThunder, i have decided to write a guide on running multiple servers on a VPS for the steam release! This Guide Does NOT Cover Staging Releases!
All commands in this post are required to be typed! So here it goes,
Firstly, you will need to own a copy of eco, you can find the server files in "tools" in your steam library, install this to have access to basic server files,
next you will need SteamCMD which can be downloaded here: https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/steamcmd.zip
Create a folder for cmd to be installed into and place the steamcmd.exe file in this folder and run.
next use this command "login username" to enter your login details, you will be prompted for a password to your account, if you have steamgaurd it will ask you for your TwoFactor Authentication, i recommend not having it as it will make updating the server files through this a little tedious.
once it is installed create a new folder in the C:/ drive call it whatever you would like this is for your second/third/forth server EG. EcoServer
next run this command in steamCMD: force_install_dir C:\ecoserver this will make your directory,
next run this command as posted, you will have to type all commands as CTRL+V does not work: app_update 739590 validate
this will install the new ecoserver files, you can do this for multiple servers but you must repeat this step everytime!
Create a new text document and paste this script into it.
"// update <-- name of this script
@ShutdownOnFailedCommand 1 //set to 0 if updating multiple servers at once
login inputusernamehere inputpasswordhere
app_update 739590 validate
save the Text Document with an easy to remember name! EG. Update
Note! this is the update script to update your server files as new ones are released! if you have SteamGaurd it will ask you every time for your TwoFactor Authentication Code,
Step 7 Run SteamCMD and Type in: "runscript update.txt" this will run your update script,
Re-do Step 7 every time there is a new update for the server files!
Your server is now installed! you can find all the server files as normal in your chosen directory! you will also see a steamapps folder in there the first time you do this but thats fine you can delete it to no harm :)
i hope this is easy to follow! please let me know if you are having troubles!
This isnt an issue im posting about but i know alot of people have this issue, certain stoves not having crafting requirement materials,
one of our players had pointed out the cast iron stove didnt have the ingredients needed to craft so we have fixed this ourselves to make it work! as well as the normal stove! we are happy to release these modded files for everyone if they wish for them, although we have notified clayc of this and it may very well be released in his new modkit! so be sure to keep updated with ClayC's Took Kit!
The Aussie 24/7 Admin