Updated original post with latest server information and also included our Patreon information (https://www.patreon.com/BinaryGaming)
I would also suggest heading over to our forums to read our recent announcement regarding our migration to Patreon and our serious investment in future proofing our infrastructure with new custom built dedicated servers :)
@Rain-Farmer I'd suggest taking a look at the NodeBB Minecraft Integration for inspiration as creating something similar for Eco would be very welcome both here on these forums and later on for use on 3rd-party NodeBB powered forums for those who wish to install the NodeBB Eco Integration Plugin :)
@hexk while that is a given nowadays with early-access buy-ins for games and thanks for pointing that out for those select few who who may not understand that.
I also forgot to check the pricing of Eco when it was on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1037798999/eco-global-survival-game/description
It appears that for Beta Access it was $25 USD and if you wanted Beta + Alpha Access than it was $35
Now that the Kickstarter has passed the price for access to Eco in its current state i.e. Alpha has been bumped up to $40 USD due to the 'early bird' Kickstarter prices being over now and I'd assume when the Beta rolls out for Eco we can expect to see the price drop to around $30 USD, followed by a release price of $25 USD (I could be wrong).
Dev Tier Backer here btw :)
I couldn't have put it better myself @NoBlackThunder
And who knows the may be charging at a premium to not only cover costs but also to provide better support for those playing and/or testing the game than they may very well lower the price to $30, $25 or $20 USD when the game reaches Steam in a Beta state of completion.
Though who knows as they could be following the same approach as most indies are as in they price the game low at first due to their potential customers taking a risk with backing/buying into a game in an early state of completion but also as an reward for those believing in them early on e.g. Steam Early-Access BUT than they start to scale the price up as the game progresses.
Honestly I'd say it would be ill advised to price the Beta at say $60+ USD and I'd suggest the developers scale the price down when they hit Steam in beta to help gain a much larger tester base of consumers for the game.
The downside with this is that current owners of Eco MAY be slightly put off that they paid $35-$40 on the game in Alpha and it is now $25-$20 on Steam BUT I feel those customers would be an acceptable minority and pricing the game in such a way benefit it and the community greatly.
Perhaps @JohnK can touch on this subject further but I'd assume it's too early to tell what their future pricing roadmap may be, not to mention if they (the developers) are even willing disclose their plans on that matter to us, the community/consumers to begin with for various reasons.
We are slowly rolling out our social networks for those who wish to Like, Follow & Subscribe to us :)
NOTE: More links will be added in future as we secure them.
To unify our new community we are now called Binary Gaming Network or [BGN] for short :)
You can find our WIP website here: http://www.binarygaming.net/wp
Eco Server 1's IP Address now has a -sub-domain address for easier access: eco.binarygaming.net
We're also working on a new set of servers focused at education and will make use of the address: ecoedu.binarygaming.net
A forum and real-time status updates on our various servers is currently being worked on and should hopefully be done before the holiday break :)
What a great idea +1
Here are a couple of things I'd suggest adding to the list:
- The ability to theme the daily newspaper on a per-server basis.
- The ability to embed outside sources such as YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Tumbler/Blogger, etc. into the Newspaper.
- Help Wanted paid-ads (in-game currency).
- Crime Watch - for news on break-ins, stolen property, crimes against nature/humanity, etc which need to be investigated further before a Wanted Poster can be issued.
If you wanted to one step further:
- Additional newspapers/magazines which are paid for and offer information to give the player an advantage in game:
- In-game market statistics on what items are in high demand.
- Information on land and/or buildings other which are struggling with either high demand (building order backlog very high, land being travelled across a lot, etc) or haven't been built yet, etc.
- In-game television and/or computer which you can build to access say Twitch for those servers wanting to role-play with their world through creating news broadcasts, TV shows or what have you (might be tricky legally speaking if people use copyrighted materials but if it's through Twitch than that's a problem for Twitch to deal with).
- A place on the Eco website to share your end-game generated reports for the community to enjoy.
I believe the storage problem has been partially resolved in Eco Alpha 2
Improvements: Storage House is now a larger building, but gives a “big chest”.
And I do agree regarding the music but it is an alpha after all and I'm sure more music will come both in the Eco Alpha 2 update that is due any day now + in future iterations