User Interface Improvements and Dropping things

• The game is lacking in a few of areas when it comes to ease of use. For instance, being able to transfer stacks of items from one container to the next. Most games allow for holding down a key on the keyboard and clicking the stack to transfer the whole thing at once. Is the clicking and dragging meant to be arduous?

Dropping was mentioned about a year ago, and the response was that the trash system would take care of that.
    The trash system (at least in some form) now exists, but the ability to drop something would still be VERY appreciated (even if it becomes trash when you do it).

The first issue with the trash system is that dragging something down to trash causes it to appear underneath you and pop you up one block. This became a big problem when I had dug a cavern to store trash in and my head kept popping through to the other side of the voxel whenever I put down some trash. It would be nice if the default behavior was to place the trash in the spot in front of the player, and then below the player only if that spot wasn't a valid option.

The second issue is that I'd really like to be able to make a landfill by simply dropping items from my inventory. Most games when you drop something it flings it a little way in front of you. I'd love to be able to do that at the lip of my hole and throw items into it. Right now, throwing anything away is difficult to do. Not to complain too much about realism, but in the real world, throwing something away is about the easiest thing to do. Let there be consequences...bring on the consequences!! But don't make discarding items something I rarely do just because it is so cumbersome.

Having to place individual shovel fulls can really be a hassle sometimes getting the spot to highlight. Just letting me drop the shovel full of dirt and it will fall down to where-ever is below it would be such a nicer way to fill in holes. I know that dirt placed right now will fall down until it hits something, but you still have to PLACE that shovel full. I'd rather just be able to dump the shovel-full wherever it happens to be.

Love the game, keep it up.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!